Trading KOSPI option contract just like a futures contract

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by joesan, Oct 17, 2005.

1. milstar

milstar

To DEF

Dear Sir

You wrote - Your suspect is wrong
    ---------------------------------------------

Must i understand ,that IB and filialen is not member of any exchange as NASDAQ,NYSE,CBOE,CME,NYMEX,ICE ,LSE,Euronext,Eurex,TSE &
    IB have not own proprietary accounts and trading desk
    FOREX IB platform reflected atleast 40% of the total market
    and quote delay is not more as by ebs.com

Please clear ...

Authro would very pleased to you.

#11     Oct 18, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

I've rehashed this out before. Do a search. The IB brokerage does not have a prop desk. IB's affiliate Timber Hill does. However, Timber Hill does not base any of it's pricing on client flow.

#12     Oct 18, 2005
  3. milstar

milstar

Dear Def

Author is very pleased for your answer. Sorry ,nature of the business of your affiliate TH fundamental contra clients interess .

If you are another opinion ,please disscuss this issue
    with experienced investigator from SEC of CFTC .

Order flow payement is another question .

#13     Oct 18, 2005
  4. Hi Jonny,

the volume of the KOSPI futures contract (expiring in Dec. 05 ) was 215.986 contracts on 10/20/05. The spread is
    0.05 points. This is the info I get from my demo program, so I hope this is correct. I stayed up the whole night yesterday/today to monitor the session...smashing is what the British would say, I guess:D

#14     Oct 20, 2005
  5. Kospi futures and options - better than sex I kid you not. No other contract out there touches it. Mind-blowing liquid. Now if someone could only tell me how the @#$@# it moves?! :p

I used to trade it through Refco Singapore. That is obviously on the skids now.

Would love if IB began offering ... but this trader has stopped holding his breath for that.

#15     Oct 20, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

What is the margin right now in US dollars?

I will be trafficking in this as soon as IB offers it.

#16     Oct 20, 2005
  7. ktm

ktm

I too would like a piece of the action if IB opens the gates on this puppy.

#17     Oct 20, 2005
  8. just21

just21

What is the estimate for when IB release the kospi futures and options?

#18     Oct 20, 2005

9. Koreans are so lucky, they aren't even taxed on their trading profits. Can it get any better than this ? How is the situation like in Singapore ?

#19     Oct 20, 2005
  10. The contract value is ~71000 USD per futures contract. At present, Korean brokers require an initial margin of 15%.... so let's say 11000 USD.

Actually, I'm watching it again right now...Jesus Christ, this is like Dax or HSI leveraged, superliquid and on fast forward !!! Those Korean traders must be freaks with backgrounds in computer games...up 2% now in the blink of an eye...gotta trade this....:D

#20     Oct 20, 2005