Trading just one stock

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Weasel, Oct 2, 2002.

1. [​IMG]

#31     Oct 3, 2002
  2. I am impressed by anyone that can watch 60-200 stocks and not lose their mind. For me its about five to six and then I start having my blonde moments. Trading just a few stocks may not make sense to some but it allows me to concentrate, learn and not spend all day in front of the computer. I am sure I could make twice as much a I do if I spent all day trading. But then again I would be 95% less happy. Whether your watch 200 stocks a day or just 1 learn what works for you. :) Carol

#32     Oct 4, 2002
  3. Good for you. I've heard from some experienced traders that IBM is one of the hardest stocks to trade. Its hitting multi-year lows I guess now. Good luck.

#33     Oct 5, 2002
  4. in each group - i use a real time analytics program that gives me the range/net on the day/ + or - tick/ vs index (i.e indu/comp/spy)/vs all the other stocks in that group , i'll then either play the leaders/laggards/combination or all of them depending on the futures move. i can watch 100 to 150 stocks toggling just two keys in one or two seconds - but i'll usually play just 10 to 15 unless it's a huge move .

#34     Oct 5, 2002
  5. bvam1

bvam1

new2trading,

You mentioned that you trade fast moving stocks, what are they? I am looking for fast moving stocks too. I only have at most 2 hrs to trade every single day, and I hate to carry positions over night! Thanks!

#35     Oct 5, 2002
  6. oh cool. nice to see so many other budding klac traders out there! :) will she join the other former naz faves like brcm, vrts, nvda, sebl in the sub $10 shit pile? let's hope not!

other naz faves these days amgn, idph..

also, i traded multiple positions and watched multiple stocks (about 50) for a while. sounds kinda hard, but you get used to it pretty quick. might go back to doing that soon. (if the naz keeps getting dumped, as it probably wil)

#36     Oct 5, 2002
  7. KlAC wll move to the sub-10's if the rest of the market participants that have a P/E of 24 do also.

This is the one thing that separates KLAC from so many of the others. It actually has earnings, and the earnings result in a P/E that is beginning to fall in line with reality.

The price of KLAC could fall by 50% and with no change in earnings the P/E is still 12... not cheap by historical measures.

Take a look at EXPE for another great short. These days, if you want an idea of a stock's realistic downside potential.... check out the P/E.

I know it is a fundie and we techies avoid fundies, but this one is 50% tech.

The P/E is the reason there are many who think DOW 5000 is in the future. And Nas 800. At some point, real earnings play a significant part in the picture.

When the euphoria goes and the speculative bubble bursts, all you have left is earnings. Hence the decline of the markets.

#37     Oct 5, 2002
  8. Winston

Winston

oh cool. nice to see so many other budding klac traders out there! will she join the other former naz faves like brcm, vrts, nvda, sebl in the sub $10 shit pile? let's hope not!

Don't forget AMAT and soon to be QLGC

#38     Oct 5, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

I watch 400 stocks over 30 different sectors. I don't watch every tick on all four hundred, but I do hone in on several dozen during the day.

Along with the spoos squawk, plus the spoos tick and NQ's charts, the ten and thirty yields, and a few stocks that I watch like a hawk to get a feel for spoos direction, makes for about 100 symbols that I watch pretty carefully.

The only thing I have not been able to figure out is how to listen to CNBC and listen to the spoos at the same time...I am working on it.

nitro

#39     Oct 6, 2002
  10. Donkell

Donkell

10-03-02 10:11 AM
    Re: klac

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by u130747
    KLAC KLAC KLAC

Bert
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Hubert

me too mainly KLAC KLAC KLAC
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too mainly trade KLAC. A few other high volume stocks, but KLAC

#40     Oct 6, 2002