Trading just one stock

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Weasel, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Weasel

Weasel

Does anyone out there trade just one stock day in and day out? I want to trade a highly liquid stock like GE for dimes throughout the day. Scalping I guess?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. i trade strictly IBM

3. u130747

u130747

KLAC KLAC KLAC

Bert:D :D :D

4. MrPits

MrPits

Trading just one stock doesn't work for my risk management. The more the merrier I say.

5. and the occasional hot stock or big cap stock

6. Hubert

Hubert

me too mainly KLAC KLAC KLAC

7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

No, not just one stock but a very small group. I also trade related futures. When I first started out I did concentrate on trading a single stock, learned its market, and started learning the market for other stocks. I then branched out to other markets. This strategy has worked well for me.

8. I usually only trade one stock in a particular day, but I don't see the advantage in never switching to another stock. How can one stock provide the best trading opportunity every single day ?

9. MrPits

MrPits

I used to trade only one, and that had an advantage as long as I wasn't applying any kind of risk management. It only works if you really know what you are trading inside and out, then you can focus on it better but its just a bad idea if you want to manage risk.

10. trader3

trader3

How do you guys trade klac? Do you daytrade it and, if so, how do you determine your entries and exits? What is your general strategy for trading klac?
    Thanks

#10     Oct 3, 2002