Trading journals!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Garett Sim, Jan 31, 2018.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The trade journal section here at ET has a very simple definition @ https://www.elitetrader.com/et/forums/journals.29/

Yet, journals can be public or private and still accomplish the same goals.

#11     Mar 6, 2018
  2. Thats pretty simple because basically A Journal is where you would enter in criticism or your theory against the next big trading decision as seen as some value to ones self. As in I hold an opinion and the event in question is the next big currency move within the decade as price is about to move onwards.

#12     Mar 6, 2018
  3. This is also A Journal - Eurusd Pair Spot Price 1.2309 Support Level is allocated at 1.2150 as of this morning. High Mark & Close Bar is Expected at 1.3586 or thereabouts give or take a few pips of overbought value. - Rates looks Good to Go - At Buying into the Trend - Use below Low Bar & Support Level at 1.2150 as stoploss placement once the Price has Move On. - As Added Note: To Advanced Traders - There are 2 Resistance Levels to watch out for these are at 1.2552 & 1.3041. - This is A Breakout Trend High from the Current Low at 1..2150. So should prove to be A very simple Uptrend Phase without any complications. --- Market Commentary provided by A Market Theorist.

#13     Mar 6, 2018
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

A "trade journal" involves discussing trades (simulator or real money). There's also what I call "Analysis", "Market Opinions", "Recommendations" and such via what you've just shown.

Yet, both can be combined in which you follow-up to those "Market Opinions" with your trades (entry, exit, size and other info).

I've also seen trades (simulator or real money) posted by some and then they follow-up with the "Market Opinions" as explanations for the trades that were taken.

Also, there are many other names under the "TA" theme that many websites use (e.g. marketwatch, bloomberg, CNBC and so on) to do similar like technical analysis theory (recommendations) as your but usually with a disclaimer statement.

I've just never seen them call it a "trade journal" unless someone specifically stated a trade had occurred. Without trades...its just a "market journal"...nothing wrong with that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    #14     Mar 6, 2018
  5. - Where I add A Journal - Is that the Rate as been Evaluated at 100% (percent) Accuracy as to the Price Moving Onwards - As well for saving me Time in remaining you about the Current Trend Direction & Covers - For the sake of Constant Reminders whilst the trend is in Transit - And at Best shows Advise that you can put into Practical Use whilst you are increasing your knowledge around the Forex Market.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    #15     Mar 6, 2018
  6. - Where I add A Journal - Is that the Rate as been Evaluated at 100% (percent) Accuracy as to the Price Moving Onwards - As well for saving me Time in remaining you about the Current Trend Direction & Covers - For the sake of Constant Reminders whilst the trend is in Transit - And at Best shows Advise that you can put into Practical Use whilst you are increasing your knowledge around the Forex Market.

#16     Mar 6, 2018