Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mrnate22, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Another stopped triggered on MOS at 59.35

a loss of 5 cents.

I have 2 losses now.. MOS and MELI. I'm very disappointed today.

#41     Aug 21, 2012
  2. Stopped out on my NUE at 40.79

Plus 23 cents.

#42     Aug 21, 2012
  3. lilbit,

Don't bother with my trades today. I'll give you a better stock set-up in the future.

My trading was emotional today which we all know that is the hardest part of trading.. In fact, I still haven't figured out how to control it. I have very good skills but I don't have the emotion controlled thus entering on crap set-ups.

#43     Aug 21, 2012
  4. how's your trading today?

#44     Aug 21, 2012
  5. Aug. 22, 2012

The market pulled back today but I was not expecting it to be this ferocious.. The engulfing candle on the SNP 500 is a big warning sign.

Tomorrow maybe a big turning point. If we follow through to the downside, a big yellow light should be flashing on your screen..

If we go higher tomorrow then business as usual and the bulls have the upper hand..

#45     Aug 21, 2012
  6. lilbit

lilbit

I stayed the course to my plan, minus 1 trade that cost me.
    Overall was a good positive day.
    I was trying to figure out your trading style:
    i.e. what type of targets compared to risk you go for once you enter trades.
    My biggest problem, and I'm sure for 98.9% of traders is the emotional part. I start to sweat when a trade goes nicely in the green, then starts to go against me.
    Do you trade for a living?
    How long have you been trading?
    I really like the live calls, thanks!

#46     Aug 21, 2012
  7. That's good you had a positive day..

Regarding risk/reward, I sell 1/2 or 1/3 of my position when it reaches a 2:1 ratio. For example, my MOS trade today, I had 19 cents risk so I would've taken 1/2 if it reached 59.78 which didn't happen. The rest of my position, I try to let it run..

I wish I trade for a living but I don't.. The only thing that's holding me back though is the emotional part. Like today, I had a couple revenge trade which everyone knows you shouldn't do..

I've been trading for a few years now.. I'm only 31 so hopefully I can trade for a living someday.. I'd probably not trade anything tomorrow unless something sets-up..

#47     Aug 21, 2012
  8. Real Time Update:

I bought AKAM

Entry - 37.54

Stop - 37.44

I was late on this entry and kicking myself over it.. I only have 10 cents risk but I just hate entering late..

#48     Aug 22, 2012
  9. stopped out at 37.43

One trade today and Im done.. Let's see what happens after the market closes but it looks to me that shorting might be back in the game..

#49     Aug 22, 2012
  10. Real Time update:

I lied.. I bought another stock.. AGU

Entry - 99.50

Stop - 99.40

I didn't want to buy anymore today but I liked the set-up of AGU. The market isn't doing well so I don't know the chances of this stock moving higher.. We'll see..

#50     Aug 22, 2012