Trading Journal Template? Software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by moeschl, Jun 10, 2020.

1. moeschl

moeschl

Hellu

looking to build me a trading journal. So does anybody know a good template or software for a trading journal? Or is Excel the way to go (maybe there is also a good template ;))

Best regards guys

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

3. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Record your session. Keep the charts + Fills.
    Do comment your trades, decision making.
    Review these after the session does end.

Excel won’t help much to improve.
    As it tells nothing about the process.
    It’s just a bunch of outcome related data.

You can crunch numbers with it.
    It has its purpose but useless to improve.

Improve your decision making.
    Review the charts, the trades, decisions.

Video recording your session is easy.
    Tell aloud what you see. What you do and why.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  4. heispark

heispark

If you're a lazy boy (it looks you are), I recommend Jigsaw Journalytix. It's automated, real-time journal. Very unique in the market.

5. I currently use Excel and have a journal/trade log which is customized to my own particular needs and requirements. Took me a while to build and I added stuff along the way as I saw what was needed and not. And no, I'm not sharing it with anyone. :)

I would be interested if anyone who use commercial solutions have a comment with regards to those VS Excel. Currently, I don't feel I'm lacking anything, except that maybe it's slightly more labour intensive. On the other hand, that may even be positive as I'm generating stuff myself and not just looking at some automated reports.

Flowfollower likes this.
  6. moeschl

moeschl

Thanks so far for your answers :)

Not that lazy :D just looking for the perfect solution. thanks for the recommendation :)

heispark likes this.