Trading Journal, November

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Thanks you guys for the support, writing this has helped me a lot too by allowing me to look at my trades more carefully.

I am trading 300 shares, occasionally 600.

The only thing I am using is the tape and the EMA's. I use 10/20

#51     Nov 21, 2001
  2. -7.53 ABT
    Would have been my biggest winner! DRG was ripping and I got in 20c from the low, The stock didn't want to go, and the spec. was printing all over the place, so I gave up on him. THE STOCK FINALLY TOOK OFF and ended up $1.50 higher!!!!!!!!

-121.83 ADI
    The Worst trade of the day, thought SOX was going to rip, it did reach new high but the stock didn't move and bid disapperead. had to cover with $70.00 loss, which is not too bad, but I went back in! STUPID. Lost another $60.00 trying to make it back. And then I just lost my composure, and I tried to make things happen, went back into my winners and try to make some more but just lost more of my profit!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it.

1.60 CAL
    XAL ripped and this stock didn't move!

61.44 DAL
    Another airline, for some reason I just kept going in and ou of these stocks, could have been my biggest winners, if i just hold all day, they all went to new highs at the close!!!!!!!!!

105.00 DOX
    A good trade, but I lot half my profit trying to make some more when it was hanging around the 20 EMA and like a maniac I keep trying to short and long it making nothing but losing commission.

145.03 EPG
    At least I didn't go crazy and try to make "SOME MORE MONEY"

-62.51 HP
    The stock was just dead from the run up last Friday. Just dead, lost money trying to pick a bottom.

-34.94 LM
    Another slow mover. DOES NOT MOVE even when XBD was ripping, I don't know why.

-4.91 PHA
    SUPER THICK STOCK that don't move again!!

-34.48 SFA
    AGAIN DEAD! no movement and I don't belive it.

106.64 SGY
    Decent trade, bought it 20c from the low and I sold it almost at the top of the move!

-48.41 TN
    Another super thick super fast stock that I don't understand, the stock gapped down 30c after i bought it, I was a little late in buying since SOX was already at new high. DAMMIT! The stock moves like a nasdaq stock, I was going crazy trying to follow it!

90.48 UAL
    THIS SHOULD BE MY BEST TRADE. A thick stock that moves around a lot and I got in and out few times and churned my profit away. What a dumb move. Should have been a $300 winner!

All in all, a very bad day for me, I was too bored in the afternoon and I was trying to make things happen!! Try to imagine things to happen. WHY? I should have taken Mr.K's advice and pack it in at 1 p.m and went home with $450.00 in profit. But instead I stayed and got into ADI and TXn and lost it, and I ended up losing half my profit.

It was both a frustrating and draining day for me, I had a a good start in the morning and I just blew it. Lost my composure, lost my tempo, LOST MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ended up the day with a measly $200.00, but I feel like I have lost a very rough battle today. I have to think about why I didn't use technical more and I got shaken in and out all the times when the sectors are giving me a clear signal, I HAVE TO STOP READING THE TAPE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn MUCH!!

On a side note, i beat Mr.V again today

He is down $450.00 today, that make me feel a little better but not much.

According to Mr. T, Friday will be the best day of the week. Why ? I don't know, just wish I don't kill myself again.

#52     Nov 21, 2001
  3. Vishnu

Vishnu

Speaking of Friday, anyone have any opinions on why that would be the best day of the week this week?

#53     Nov 21, 2001
  4. NYCTRADER

NYCTRADER

I think his prediction of Friday being the best day is a way of him getting the traders to show up on Friday...... I think its pretty safe to assume that the vol will be very low on friday - not the way i like to trade.

#54     Nov 21, 2001
  5. than a negative day!

STOCKK, you've been trading for only 3 months, right?!? Being +200 is nothing to cry about!

By the way, do you think you could post the times of your trades so we can look at them on charts? That would be very helpful.

Take it easy and Happy Thanksgiving!

#55     Nov 21, 2001
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

SB,

I second hapaboy's request that you post the approximate times of each trade as it would make it one heck of a lot easier to follow what was going on (especially since most stocks hit the same price many times throughout the day).

This is the worst day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that along with inheriting Hitman's trading strategy, his writing skills, and some of his trading skills, you've also picked up his...how should I say this, flair for over-dramatizing things. You may not believe a single word I ever say, but trust me on this, today is not and will not be the worst day ever. Guaranteed.

#56     Nov 21, 2001
  7. dottom

dottom

Maybe if you lost $1000 to start the day, then made a roaring comeback to close up $200 you'd think it was the best day ever!

Kinda like going to Vegas. If you're up $5k and end the trip with only $1k you feel terrible. But if you down $5k and end the trip winning $1k you feel like a champion!

#57     Nov 21, 2001
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

dottom,

I think you caught my point, just want to make sure. I wasn't "posting" about a good or bad day, I was quoting STOCKKBROKER who used that as the title of his 11/21 journal entry (see pg. 9 of this thread).

#58     Nov 22, 2001
  9. dottom

dottom

Yeah, my post was directed at STOCKBROKER, not you. :)

I just chuckled a little when STOCKBROKER said he had a bad day but ended up winners, only because I know the feeling all to well myself. I used to play poker for a living and then realized the same discipline and techniques apply to trading. In fact, I bet the best poker players would do very well trading. The disciplines are very similar.

#59     Nov 22, 2001
  10. Dotcom, Magna,

Over dramatization huh? :p Well maybe a little bit, didn't mean to scare you guys. It was just the feeling of losing control that was so disgusting. It was like a gambler who had lost $200, and went in and place bigger and bigger bets and lose more and more money! That is unacceptable. To be a good trader you have to remain calm and collected and not to be frazzled.

You have to think of each trade on its on merit, and when you start to let one trade effect you, then it is over. I was lucky that I still ended up +$200 for the day, but if I was trading size I could have easily lost thousands.

And also as I said before, money is the bottom line, but trading is a lot more and unless we improve upon ourselves day in and day out we will never be great!! Just average, and I don't want to be that!

And yes I will post my time of entry and exit, starting next week. I think it will also help when I want to review my trade later on. Good suggestions.

Friday will be the best day of the week, I am beginning to think this is a scam to get us into the office :p. I might not go in tomorrow, but maybe my love for the game will be too great, plus I gotta make more grounds this week. Will keep you guys posted.

Happy Turkey day all.
    Gobble Gobble

:p :p

#60     Nov 22, 2001