Trading Journal, November

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Hitman

Hitman

I am curious about your P&L because looking at your trades you had one winner for 20 cents and everything else seem to be losers, did you carry some stuff overnight to be up $70 or there is one big winner that you didn't share with us :) ? Thanks!

#11     Nov 12, 2001
  2. Oh yeah, I didn't mention that I had a $250 winner in CYN. I usually don't pay too much attention to my winners.

I just got into ABT (news), try to play the 50c level, bought it at 55c, stop at 49c. NOT a good idea, the stock is too thick, and the spec. got my stock at 45c, which incidentally is trading at 77c now!!

What a day to trade!

I also lost $90 in VMC, printed $1.50 higher on 100 share, $45.00. Didn't see it, bullet and short, got filled at $43.93, had to buy market, got filled at 27c. I went back in again, fought my tail off to make back $30.00.

The specs. are having a field day!!

Try not to trade if you don't have to.

Is anyone having just as tough a day?

#12     Nov 12, 2001
  3. I am just wondering if anyone would be interested in participating a chat room, so that we can bounce ideas off of each others.

What a sad day ..... for all of us ....

#13     Nov 12, 2001
  4. CHS gapped up to $30.00, bullet, went short, got filled at 60c. Stock traded lower to 41c, then gap up to 70c, then down again , and offer is shown at $30.00......., offer lowered at 75c, I bought market!! YOU SHOULD NOT EVER EVER DO THAT!! , well got filled at 70c, lost $30.00, meanwhile the stock is at 35c!!!!!!!

WHAT A MISTAKE!!

#14     Nov 12, 2001
  5. neo_hr

neo_hr

Yep, STOCKBROKER Im interested in the chat room.... not sure how much I could contribute but its a great thing to be able to exchange ideas, share winners or losers with someone else.

Cheers!

#15     Nov 12, 2001
  6. Well, had a difficult time trading today, market was dead except for some riga mortis here and there, a gap here and a gap there.
    At the close I was able to ride STJ for a 40c gain to the closing print.

Ended the day down $80.00. Could have made a lot more, ( I let one bad trade clouded my trading for the whole day ) then again could end up like poor sap next to me who lost $865.00, too many bullets and a couple of big losers, DYN -$400.00.

I keep hearing myself say "I haven't had much luck trading Monday's." I think it is starting to be a self fulfilling prophecies. " I don't usually make money Mondays, so what's new? " Gotta shake that idea. I HAVE BIG DAYS ON MONDAYS!

I hope that what happened today to flight 587 is an accident. Sure hate to have to learn some bad news after the market opens tomorrow, and I am long 20 positions.

I WILL HAVE A BIG DAY TOMORROW! I CAN FEEL IT.

#16     Nov 12, 2001
  7. lescor

lescor

some of the regulars from this board are online together during the day through yahoo chat. You need to download yahoo messenger, then look for the elitetrader chat room under business and finance

#17     Nov 12, 2001
  8. Started off the day with two nice winners, MU +186, URI +136.
    Didn't get fill on any OPG's, too conservative, I guess.

10:35 CI gapped up $1.00, to $85. bought abullet and shorted it, got filled atn 60c. WHAT A SHITTY FILL, well I should have left my stop in at $85. The high of the day, but it was too much risk for my taste, covered at 70c. The stock eventually went down to $84.
    Could have made money ( 2 wrongs don't make a right ) but I don't feel too bad about thois trade.

10:46 bought EOG, at $35.83, XNG was ticking up. DIDN'T move after i bought it, sold it at $35.79. WHY? I don't know. The sttock ripped to $36.25, right after I sold it.

Bn now I wasn't feeling too great, should not have this cloud my judgement, because I got into 2 bad trades after this.

11:13 Went long WPI, a tip from one of the guys here !! Bad idea, Really bad news today and the stock has more room to go ... DOWN !! End up losing $100 as the stock gapped down 40c after I bought it.

11:36 MY WORST TRADE OF THE DAY WAS ELN.The stock gapped down 80c to $41. I think in sympathy with WPI. Bought it at 35c. GREAT FILL!! Put my stop in at the low of the day at 25c. Got filled at 18c. NOT TOO BAD. BUT I GOT BACK IN!!
    Bought at 18c and stopped out $40.50, with another gap down , down $250 just like that! What a piece of work this stock is.
    I shuould not have traded the stock to begin with
    !. Bad News
    2. Too thick, too many buyers and sellers
    3. Just after I got killed in a sympathy stock.

#18     Nov 13, 2001
  9. 12:24 made a couple of good trade, DV came out with bad news rode it for $1.00, the stock tanked another $4.00. Oh well, at least I made back what I lost in ELN.
    Good thing I didn't let a bad tarde stopped me from trading.

1:00 M. came over and tell me that he's quitting, can't make it, I am not build for this, if I can't make money in a market like today, I can't do it. Feel sorry for the guy, wished him good luck.

1:49 Bought PBG, DOW is at new high, just rode it for 35c.

2:10 tried to short MU again after CSCO warned about slower Q growth, didn't get much, made another $40.

2:30 M. came back and told me his not quitting?? Hemm, said he had thought it through, interesting. Gotta find out more.

2:55 Bought WMT 10c from the low, didn't get much 35c, doesn't seem to want to go. I am $486 now, see if I can add some more before the close.

#19     Nov 13, 2001
  10. Well I ended up $230 for the day. A day like this I should be up $2000, just have to learn to ride my positions better.

HBC - went up 60c after I have gotten out. I just got out because i was tired of watching it.

DV - went down $5.00 !!!!!!! after I covered! THAT WAS THE TRDE OF THE DAY.

PBG - went up another $1.00 after I got out. TOO IMPATIENT !! should have waited and made more money!!

I don't know how everyone did, but I got a feeling you could have made a killing if you knew what you were doing.
    I changed my layouts today to inculde some charts on sectors which is helpful, but I think I am going to chage the time period to 5 min. !0 mins is too slow.

Lesson for the day, have nerve of steel, when trading stock like CI, just have to be patient and wait for a pull back before putting on position.

Don't let a bad trade influnce your next one. I tried my damnest not to let ELN ruin my day, I came right back and made all money back on DV, because of that I covered too soon. Oh well can't ask for too much sometimes.

I haven't had a big day for almost 3 weeks now. just wondering what is happening. With everybody quitting left and right it is not easy to feel good to come to work. BUT THIS IS WHAT I LOVE.
    JUST CAN'T QUIT.

Have to hang in there and DON'T have any big losers!!!

Tomorrow is another BIG DAY!

#20     Nov 13, 2001