Trading Journal, November

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Nov 10, 2001.

1. This week another one of my buddies quit.

Mr.M was struggling mightily and Mr.T just got impatient with him and keep push him to trade more aggressively, and unfortunately the more aggressive he traded, the more he lost and yesterday, he totally blew up his day, and lost $900 trading 200 shares lot.
    He and I was pretty close, and I didn't even have a chance to say good-bye as he didn't come in today.

Mr.M if you are reading this, send me an e mail or IM me, I would like to talk.

Mr.H also says that today was his last day, he is moving down to Florida, to trade in the office there. Don't know Mr.H, but he is an old timer, a crazy one. Always yells and screams about his positions, and it will be a little quieter without him around.

It seems like people are quitting left and right, and I think this is just the nature of the business, for everyone who quit there is another 10 who will take his place, kinda sad scenario.

quick :

I understand what you say, but I just hate to feel being taken advantage of. I am willing to share everything I know, and I don't think that by telling these people what I know is going to make me trade worse, but yet they make me feel like "you tell me everything you know, now I will have an edge over you and I will make more money than you" .

WE WORK IN THE SAME OFFICE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

But anyways, I could care less if these people ever make more money than I do, as long as I do my best I will be fine.
    So take your system and shove it, !@#$heads.

#111     Nov 30, 2001
  2. Turok

Turok

>cause I have to make up every penny I lost.

Or what? Are you legally responsible for those losses?

JB

#112     Nov 30, 2001
  3. janko

janko

from what i heared worldoco doesnt hold you accountable to your losses, at least thats what they told me when i went down there and interviewed. adn i think hitman will back that up. but who knows maybe they signed a different deal with you.

#113     Nov 30, 2001
  4. No, I am not responsible for the money I lost, if I leave but if I keep trading here, of course I have to make it up and only then will I get paid.
    That's it.

#114     Dec 1, 2001
  5. Janko,

Where are you working now?
    I am actually thinking about going there. At least they give you a fighting chance and don't rob you blind. :p

#115     Dec 1, 2001
  6. mit

mit

Not to be picky but I believe that Solomon Smith Barney upgraded Home Buiders not Golman Sacks.

#116     Dec 1, 2001
  7. I don't usually play upgrades, because you don't know what the hell is going to happen, you buy too soon, you'll get spreaded down like crazy, you buy too late there is not much room left to go.

But anyhow, I should have noticed that homebuilders move, buy some laggers.

As always, woulda , coulda, shoulda

#117     Dec 1, 2001
  8. thomas

thomas

Tell me if I'm wrong about this, but by sharing trade ideas with your trading buddies, wouldn't it be helping your own trade and each other? ie. when you are on long side, you invite them to same the same side and vice versa. Isn't that why people sometimes call out trades in trading room?

#118     Dec 1, 2001
  9. janko

janko

no i dont work for worldco im at schwab, and no not capital trading, just retail trading so yeah a phone jockey, but there isnt a day i dont think about quitting and going to boca to give it a shot to see if i can do this or not. the place down there is NICE beautiful building, boca a rich area so you got a lot of rich little girls driving the benzes and beemers so if you blow out maybe you have a shot at meeting that someone special,or just become a sugar daddy for some 85 year old living in a mansion:D

#119     Dec 1, 2001
  10. tom_p

tom_p

If you blow out, you may become a gigolo for some 85 year old living in a mansion. A sugar daddy with an 85 year old is one sick guy.

#120     Dec 1, 2001