Trading Journal, January

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Just reread it again. I guess I can't get enough of a good post. You mentioned it was originally posted by Qwiktrade. Thanks Qwiktrade for an excellent post and thanks Stockbroker for bringing it to my attention.

#111     Jan 8, 2002
  2. true, very true. which explains why the knicks never won a championship with ewing/riley/vangundy. i won't even go into how a decent point guard would have changed history in nyc. but i digress.

i'm a firm believer of the idea of learning defense before offense in any situation, whether it be basketball or trading. once the defense is sound, one must incorporate offense into his game, but of the selective offense breed.

one other thing, as opposed to sports, but actually.. maybe in an analagous reference to sports, you don't need to be #1 in your position of life to have a great career.

tho, ewing and oakley still playing makes me wonder. this is where trading and sports divide, or maybe not.

stoneroses

#112     Jan 13, 2002
  3. that revealing your trading methods could destroy its effectiveness as other people start to use it??

I could give away all my secrets and it wouldn't make any difference. Most people cannot control their emotions or follow a system. Also, most traders wouldn't follow the system, even if I gave them step by step instructions, because my approach wouldn't feel right to them. They wouldn't have the same confidence or comfort in the trading method as I do. But for argument's sake, let's say that showing my methods to other traders did eventually cause the patterns that I follow to change. If these patterns changed, new ones would be created and I am confident that I would find them.

Linda Bradford Raschke.

Well what do you paranoid guys think about this????

#113     Jan 16, 2002