Trading Journal, December

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Today was a weird day. Had a feeling that all the MER upgrades is just baloney. How can you upgrade the whole sector??
    So I didn't play any RLX, well they did shoot up like rockets. And I missed the whole boat.

Tried to buy XNG instead.

EOG -$26
    Bought it at 9:43 at $37.53, I know that is this stock opened down more than $1, it will rally really hard. But it opened down .20c and I thought it would go since it didn't do much yesterday. XNG gapped up, and the stock moved a little but really there wasn't any real buyers, gave up on it and sold it at 50c.

MON -$61
    Again the same thing CEX was ripping and this stock opened down 20c. Got it at $34.90. I knew this stock can go like EOG, but not today. It traded so little, by the time my stop was triggered I was down $60. It is trading at $35.05 now, none event.

NKE -$169
    Worst trade of the day, I finally gave in and bought NKE at 10 a.m. got filled at $54.35, 10000 bid stepped up to 30c. Stock printed 40c, then 35c. Not a good sign since RLX is still ripping and someone is offering this stock lower?? 10000 bid was hit and the stock just tanked. 2800 at 29c was hit and the next print 20c, should have gotten out here at 15c, but one seconds later, the bid was hit and 10c bid, I can still get out but like a mook I didn't. Got out of 200 at 11c and the other 300 at the fig. yikes. After that 51c print!! Thank god. The stock went down to $53 and did a u-turn and is trading at $54.30, where I originally got in.

COF $332
    Bought it at 10:13, should have bought it earlier, since BKX was strong and this stock was upgraded and opened down 60c, what a gift, got filled at $51.35 and AT went down, could see my position, so I kept stops 1c below the last bid and I got out at $52.08, the stock did retrace to $51.60 where I should have bought it again, the stock is at $52.37 now.

SGP $108
    Bought this 10c from the low when DRG started to go up, at $36.06, went to as high as $36.44, and by the time I got out, he printed me at 30c, with big prints, should have jumped back right away, but I was happy with a $100 profit, dummy!! The stock went to 47c before coming back in. Oh well not the end of the world.

FDC -$42
    Stock gapped down $1 in the middle of the day with no new, usually a very good signal to go long, got filled at $75.66, it went as high as 80c, before collapsing, there is still some sellers in this stock as the low was $75.20, I got out with a 6c loss, meanwhile the stock is trading at $76.

A very choppy day, as you don't really have a clear sense of the direction of the market. Mr.S is down big again. Aiy, he went long ASW, there were some allegations that the company cooked the book and he went long after the stock was down $6. Held it for whatever reason, for a $2 loss, down $400 right of the bat, he then shorted it at $18.50, the stock squeezed when it hit $18, and he covered at $18.48, ( after we told him to take profit ) the stock went down to as low as $14.00 ................. but who the hell knows? Shouldn't have been in the stock in the first place. I don't know.

#11     Dec 20, 2001
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Massacared!!!!!

I don't know SB, I'm not suggesting that you're over-dramatizing again :), but by my calculations you were up $142 today. Hardly massacred...

#12     Dec 20, 2001
  3. Came back at 3p.m. Didn't do much lost $16 in NOK.

Ended the day up $130. Nothing great. Have to keep my stops tighter tomorrow.

#13     Dec 20, 2001
  4. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Stock,

Are you posting your P&L before or after commissions?

#14     Dec 20, 2001
  5. other people's money.
    It is all mine. :p

#15     Dec 20, 2001
  6. Magna, wait until stockk has a down day.. maybe the thread will read "Mugged, beaten, tarred, feathered, raped and pillaged" =)

-qwik

#16     Dec 20, 2001
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Qwik,

You crack me up. :) I can understand SB getting upset with this trade or that trade, missing this or that run, etc., but to call an up day massacred!!!!! That stretches the boundaries of even my fertile imagination...

#17     Dec 20, 2001
  8. Maybe he meant that he massacred the day rather than the day massacred him!

#18     Dec 20, 2001
  9. Candle understood me. lol

Just came back from the movie. Vanilla Sky is awesome. Just be warned, don't read any reviews and listen to your friends, just go and watch it. It will blow your mind!!!

damm Penelope Cruz is cute!! :p

#19     Dec 20, 2001
  10. I am just wondering how Mr. S. was able to short ASW when I the stock was hard to borrow -- today it was impossible to borrow I don't know of any stock loan dept. that had any today and I also know that the other traders I have spoken with could not put bullets up either. So I was just wondering how he was able to get short, maybe your firm was able to borrow the stock or put bullets up, I was just wondering how he went about getting short...Let's just hope he didn't commit a short-sale violation :-( they always suck...

#20     Dec 20, 2001