Trading is simple

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Allaces, Apr 8, 2007.

1. HI vetten,

You already know what the topic is for this thread and it wasn't started as a discussion about why price itself packs more info than anything else (ex. indicators).

Simply, there are many threads here at ET that discusses trading via price only on your charts and you'll have a better chance of finding your answers in those threads instead of seeking answers in this thread that really wasn't started for such.

Last of all, a simple strategy to one trader doesn't imply it is a profitable strategy nor does it ensure that someone else reading the strategy will not have difficulty in understanding or applying it.

Therefore, what's simple to me may be difficult for someone else or a losing strategy for someone else.

Mark

#41     Apr 10, 2007
  2. Uptrend, base, breakout... I'm in! Pretty simple and seems to work. Obviously, you have to define uptrend, base, and breakout to yourself; also what time frame you choose to trade.

After many years of trading, I finally became extremely profitable after I tossed everything out the window... what was so frustrating for me... our education system leads us looking for complicated things when the really super profitable stuff is so dead simple it's scary. Probably the same reason why most 12 year old golfers with 3 years experience can out play most 30 year olds golfers with 3 years experience.

#42     Apr 10, 2007
  3. saxon

saxon

Just had your first two profitable days in a row, eh?

Clearly you've turned the corner. :p

#43     Apr 10, 2007
  4. vetten

vetten

so Mark if the thread "Simple Profitable Trading" was not meant for discussion, why start this thread anyway.
    Just a slow Sunday afternoon and what the hell I`ll just throw this one in.
    And where does it say its not up for discussion anyway.
    I must be slow or something:confused:

And if there are other threads discussing trading only price, why doesn`t allace go there in stead of cluttering the boards with a meaning less thread that can`t be discussed!

And Mark, he did say SIMPLE........and........PROFITABLE, so it must
    be understandable and tradable even by me!

#44     Apr 10, 2007
  5. vetten

vetten

hey trend guy,

is that a bit like the turtles?

#45     Apr 10, 2007
  6. So do you price-only guys trade like this guy does? Watch to the very end, it's funny.

#46     Apr 10, 2007
  7. Hi vetten,

You've been here since 2004 and should already know that there are a many members easily bothered by another member.

Those easily bothered will sometimes start threads about those other members and sometimes the thread titled is a little misleading.

My point is that after reading the first few messages in this thread...we can see this really isn't about Trading is Simple nor will there be any in depth discussion about any particular simple methods especially when such discussions have already taken place here at ET.

Therefore, you've asked the thread starter some questions and his reply is not satisfying (didn't give you what you seeked).

That should tell you its not up for discussion.

Summary, this is not a serious thread for discussing what you want to discuss.

Best for you to either read the past serious discussions on this topic or start your own thread (don't mention traders that bothers you) about this topic.

Just be aware that many will show up and say they do things simple but will not show its simple nor prove it is profitable...

They don't have to because this is an anonymous discussion forum for entertainment purpose only for most and a little educational for others.

By the way, there was a past thread (popular) about simple methods under the phrase K.I.S.S. but it soon showed exactly what I mentioned in my earlier reply to you...

Just because something is simple to your or I...it does not imply it will be simple for someone else nor does it imply it is profitable.

Do you want to learn about simple methods or your more interested in wondering why threads like this get started at ET???

Mark

#47     Apr 10, 2007
  8. vetten

vetten

thanks Mark,

yes I like to learn new ways of doing things, but sometimes I just get a little side tracked by the kind of behaviour on these forums.
    wonder why people are often so aggressive and condemn others for having their own opinion.
    could we say that those people because of their minds being closed generally never make it?

ah well. I just tell you my story.......have been trading stocks for 8 years and only last September started to be consistently profitable, on average A$ 4,500 per week.
    But I can only use part of my capital on these stocks and the suitable stocks are diminishing, so I need an other strategy until
    more stocks come within my reach.

I`m interested in Alan Hull`s strategy: buy stocks with strong fundamentals that are trending up for the last 6-12 months with a smooth curve and just hope that the momentum continues with a stop loss. alanhull.com.au
    this is a medium to long term strategy and that`s what I like, because I dont like sitting behind my computer all day.
    This strategy could make 20-40%.

once I got everything going smoothly and successfully, I would like to take those trades out with CFD`s where I deposit only 10% of the position, so my profit would rise from 200-400% minus interest.
    This last part is at least 6 months away.

So my aim is pretty high, with at least a 100% return per year.

#48     Apr 10, 2007
  9. Allaces

Allaces

I just went back through your posts to see what kind of trader I'm dealing with here before answering you

Now either you are unaware other posters can check your history or you just didn't think I would bother

Rather than embarrass you further I will leave it at that, just be aware that you are on record and in no position to comment on trading

#49     Apr 10, 2007
  10. Allaces

Allaces

Focus on excellence of execution, profits are a byproduct of that process

Your trading should be a thing of beauty that fills you with pride and power even on the days you lose

#50     Apr 10, 2007