TRADING IS SIMPLE ... (TheRumpledOne)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Jan 2, 2012.

1. baro-san

baro-san

On each time frame / fratal, at any given moment there is a dominant direction. The price moves in the dominant direction have higher amplitude that in the non dominant direction. When multiple time frames are dominant in the same direction, their effects add up, and the expectancy is higher.

#431     Dec 19, 2017
  2. Euler09

Euler09

The Yale students were not told that the food distribution was random..sorry kid.

I think op is trolling.

But the rat experiment assumes 2 things.
    1.) That markets are random.
    2.) That there is a bias

The rats simple approach leads to optimal results only if food distribution(or the stock market) is random AND there is a bias.

Neither of these things have been proven in the stock market, so the experiment proves nothing as it it relates to the markets.

#432     Dec 19, 2017
  3. Euler09

Euler09

That's just ppl buying into a trend.

#433     Dec 19, 2017
  4. Wrong. The words random and biased do not go together by their very definition.

#434     Dec 19, 2017
  5. This is the kind of garbage all you kids at home should avoid reading.

#435     Dec 19, 2017
  6. Euler09

Euler09

You sure? Technically its pseudo-random.

Assume I pick random numbers in some sort of way. Then every 25th number I choose a number my self. Its not random but there is no way to decided a pattern and guess my 25th number

#436     Dec 19, 2017
  7. Nobody else would know the number is not random. There is no way to observe a random biased selection..unless of course you have access to PRICE DRIVERS

#437     Dec 19, 2017
  8. baro-san

baro-san

That kind of garbage keeps your shoes dry ... Don't piss against the wind!

#438     Dec 19, 2017
    #439     Dec 20, 2017
  10. Your assumption is you would have picked the profitable direction.

And the problem with picking two directions is it increases potential unprofitable trades.

#440     Dec 20, 2017