TRADING IS SIMPLE ... (TheRumpledOne)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Euler09

Euler09

Your conclusion about the rat and Yale students is flawed.

Your conclusion that the rats approach mainly accepting the simple solution and the modest improvement with disregard to improving his/her results is wrong.

Eventually the students would figure out one of two things.
    1.) There is a pattern and the solution produces the most favorable outcome.
    2.)There is no solution, the food placement seems random with a bias towards the left side.

#421     Dec 18, 2017
  2. "Wrong"? How so?

#422     Dec 18, 2017
  3. Euler09

Euler09

Your conclusion about the rat and Yale students is flawed.

Your conclusion that the rats approach mainly accepting the simple solution and the modest improvement with disregard to improving his/her results is wrong.

Eventually the students would figure out one of two things.
    1.) There is a pattern and the solution produces the most favorable outcome.
    2.)There is no solution, the food placement seems random with a bias towards the left side.
    I just told you . the rats win that example because they don't waste time look for a solution when there is none but that is just a coincidence.

If you set up the experiment and used a pattern of food distribution of {LLR,LLR...} thwle Yale students would figure this out and find the food every time, while the rat would stay left always and get food 2/3 times.

So the results would be 66.66%.. to 100% and your faulty logic would conclude that the Yale students approach was superior.

Tldr: faulty logic bro

#423     Dec 18, 2017
  4. baro-san

baro-san

You're funny :) You say that your logic beats the experiment's results!

There are other, smarter, interpretations of the results of the experiment, but you can't invalidate them with your logic. You're funny ...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    #424     Dec 18, 2017
  5. Euler09

Euler09

I said my logic beats the experiments results? Where do I say that Einstein?

The results stay the same , the conclusion is what is faulty. I'm not "funny" you just lack reading comprehension.

#425     Dec 18, 2017
    #426     Dec 19, 2017
  7. Can we debate the issue and not insult each other?

I am not sure how the conclusion is faulty? First, what do you think the conclusion is?

#427     Dec 19, 2017
  8. Euler09

Euler09

Did you read post #423?

#428     Dec 19, 2017
  9. TRO,

The problem with picking one direction is it reduces potential profitable trades by 50%. How do you overcome that?

#429     Dec 19, 2017
  10. There is no pattern in random events. Your fault is logicy.

#430     Dec 19, 2017