TRADING IS SIMPLE ... (TheRumpledOne)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Ok, so it is a breakout of the 20 pop trailing alert and a pullback? When do you enter on this pullback?

#161     Feb 27, 2012
  2. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Hi,

this does not make alot of sense in my oppinion.

If you trade only long you have the chance of the price spiking up in your direction. But you have also the risk of a black swan against you.
    If you trade both long and short, you have the chance to catch both an up or down spike, but you have also 2 times the risk, you could get caught by an up or down black swan.

You said this is ONE reason to trade only in one direction. What are other reasons you have in mind ? I think what you say makes alot of sense, I would just like to understand more of your thought process behind it. And when do you change the direction of your trades ? The next day ? Or when the big, longer term trend is changing ?

Thx !
    CALLumbus

#162     Feb 27, 2012
  3. [​IMG]

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run.

#163     Feb 28, 2012
  4. If you only trade in one direction, then you sooner or later you'll be on the profitable side of the trade.

#164     Feb 28, 2012
  5. I do not know.

You would have to run a frequency distribution to find the "sweet spot".

#165     Feb 28, 2012
  6. No. That's not what the rules say.

You want to enter within 20 pips of the high for red rats and 20 pips of the low for green rats.

#166     Feb 28, 2012
  7. To be fair to TRO, he does give an exit strategy, so with clearly defined entry and exits, the method should be easy to code up and run an EA for.

#167     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Macho

Macho

I can see where the 'prompt' is to enter a trade, but I would like to know if there is a minimum size to the 'wick'.

Surely, a one pip 'wick'would not qualify as a prompt.

#168     Feb 29, 2012
  9. [​IMG]

1) Price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low (ClLo < 20): This is OPPORTUNITY

============================================

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the
    forum. Thank you.

#169     Feb 29, 2012
  10. I thought you said you were gone and not coming back?

I post OPPORTUNITY then I post RESULTS. Each gauge/chart that I post has a time stamp in the upper left hand corner so the reader can see these are not posted AFTER THE FACT!!

I don't take every trade. An EA that takes every trade could easily produce a negative equity curve.

Perhaps if you ran a EA for the time period that you trade, you might have a POSITIVE EQUITY CURVE if you had it STOP TRADING once you achieved your daily goal.

#170     Feb 29, 2012