trading is really stupid

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mr double, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trading isn't really stupid.

Trading is just stupid.

#21     Sep 20, 2012
  2. sounds like he was eating too much.

:D

#22     Sep 20, 2012

3. -1

you get on the food stamp program yet...............:D

#23     Sep 21, 2012
  4. Nah. I don't need transportation expenses and food anymore.

They are for wimps.

#24     Sep 22, 2012
  5. hoop121

hoop121

so you were in RPRX and then got out of it selling your shares to someone else losing out on potential further gains.

hence, you lost and someone else won.

isn't this the definition of zero-sum?

#25     Sep 29, 2012
  6. When I was struggling with trading I didn't call it stupid I knew that someone else made it work for them. Just cause you can't make it work for you doesn't mean its stupid.

#26     Sep 29, 2012
  7. Trading is just like the game of numbers and probability. You need to calculate 10 moves ahead before taking any decision at any point of time. You also need to do some risk reward analysis to measure your investment. I don't think it is a waste but ya it can ruin your life if not understood carefully.

#27     Sep 29, 2012
  8. Eight

Eight

there's lenders and there's borrowers but in between those are traders. I think of trading as moving away from being a borrower towards being a lender.

#28     Sep 29, 2012
  9. You cannot always assume the other person makes a profit off those shares you sold them.Probably more dont than do.

#29     Sep 29, 2012
  10. Trading is the most primitive activity that makes this world exist. No trading, no existence. Traders, no matter how small, are part of this process. Losers are as important as winners. If you are a loser, you are important to the winner. You have helped him live a better life. There you go.

Also, never help anyone unless he asks you for that, actually begs you. Cardinal rule of life.

Now, mods pls move this to chit-chat.

#30     Sep 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.