trading is really stupid

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mr double, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I belong to a gun web site that has a flaming liberal lesbian member who claims she owns a handgun. Yet ALL she does is argue with the pro 2nd amendment members about the virtues of liberalism. I don't get it.

#11     Sep 20, 2012
  2. I'd shut this Trolls account down, Guy was trying to sell his "holy grail" for 10k a piece. Then he comes here and bitches because he probably blew up.

Major Troll

#12     Sep 20, 2012
  3. Suppose we say:

"trading is really stupid"

Name some other ways to make money that are stupid.

Cuz if you're making money, it ain't stupid, so have to agree with the Sheriff.

#13     Sep 20, 2012
  4. trendo

trendo

lol -- That's fookin funny! Do you have a link for that "holy grail?" There might be some entertainment value in seeing his sales pitch. PM me if you don't want to post it publicly. Thanks! :D

#14     Sep 20, 2012
  5. on a fundamental level yes, chart trading is kind of stupid. its kind of like assembly line work with but with added thinking to account for the grey area

BUT, so is 90% of the available careers out there. i mean, accounting is stupid, yeah, open spreadsheets and type numbers.. financial planning is stupid.. yeah, you should open a 401k and get life insurance.. blah blah dumb.. sales is stupid, please buy this! dumb.. its all fucking stupid.

whats not stupid? mainly the sciences, medicine, biology, engineering, physics, stuff like that.

#15     Sep 20, 2012

6. I know I got kicked out of here many times (I bet many of you might be surprised with a name like mine)...

Don't push your luck!!!!!!!

#17     Sep 20, 2012
  7. 1. You invest in young pharmaceutical company

2. You happen to pick the company that has found a cure for the common cold (or a real world example: RPRX with its testosterone replacement drug)

3. Since this company has enabled millions of people to remain in the work place, there is a positive macroeconomic effect beyond trading accounts

4. This logic can be applied to any company with a new invention that raises the economic output of the macro economy.

*edit - getting back to trading accounts, since this hypothetical company experiences huge sales and earnings growth on a continual basis, the share price rises in proportion to whatever multiple The Market agrees is fair for a company of its type. Then, years later, it stabilizes and begins to pay dividends. The share price reflects this positive (absolutely not zero sum) cash flow that is generated by productive economic activity.

Bottom up investing........ (and yes RPRX has doubled in less than a year, I only wish I had the foresight to pile in and stay in once it got going)

#18     Sep 20, 2012
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

#19     Sep 20, 2012
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No, it's not a threat. It's for real. You are now banned. Bye!

#20     Sep 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.