Trading is not a legitimate business!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by leapfrog, Jan 13, 2004.

1. jessie

jessie

You may also want to look into creating an entity for your trading. The regs are generally somewhat different for small business policys, for instance, where I live, it is illegal for a business/group policy to not provide maternity coverage, whereas that is a common exclusion for individual policys. Mysmall business "group" consists of myself and my wife (my sole employee) via my trading L.L.C.
    Jessie

#11     Jan 13, 2004
  2. you dont save money up front with a msa. ive had one for 5+ years with golden rule. the insurance is more expensive than a regular health plan with hi limits right now because of congress mandates. you could save money in the long run if you never needed to use the msa.

#12     Jan 13, 2004

3. vhehn,

i dont use an MSA since my wife likes to keep it "traditional" LOL ! BUT, golden rule would be 175.00 per month for a family of 4 as opposed to 500.00 via aetna traditional plan. explain to me what i am missing.

best,

surfer

#13     Jan 13, 2004

4. if it wasn't for lawyers, big companies would be walking all over the little guy. cut them a break !

:D :p :D

#14     Jan 13, 2004
  5. pspr

pspr

No, if corporations didn't have lawyers and the little guy didn't have lawyers it would be even. Lawyers don't deserve a break.

Same reason a rattle snake won't strike a lawyer.
    --- Professional courtesy.

And, don't think I just hate lawyers, my best friend is a state supreme court chief justice.

#15     Jan 13, 2004

6. LOL, wally ! you have a good point.

take care,

surfer

#16     Jan 13, 2004

7. joe,

thanks for the detailed information. i enjoyed your article this month in SFO.

best,

surfer

#17     Jan 13, 2004
  8. pspr

pspr

Oh, and here is how I solved the self-employed health insurance issue. I married a girl who works for a company with a great insurance plan.

I highly recomment that alternative.

#18     Jan 13, 2004
  9. that would be a surprise to me since for my family of 2 i paid 676.96 per month. 100 of that goes into my msa savings account. the policy is a $3600 deductible msa policy.
    where are you getting those numbers? i am curious to know what the difference could be.

#19     Jan 13, 2004

10. whoa ! that is outrageously high. i am getting my figures from www.ehealthinsurance.com

surfer

#20     Jan 13, 2004