Trading is NOT a business

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TFtrader, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

sounds like him...the only thing missing is "daytrading" part :p

#11     Aug 6, 2010
  2. Sounds like you trying to build an ATM machine that prints money

#12     Aug 6, 2010
  3. It is true that trading is not a business, but it should be treated like a business to win. A large percentage (95%?) lose.

#13     Aug 6, 2010
  4. To the OP:

Signals matter little. You are researching the wrong area.

Successful trading is successful money management. You should research things like reward:risk ratios and position sizing and bother less about technical indicators.

#14     Aug 7, 2010
  5. technical analysis is for suckers.

#15     Aug 7, 2010
  6. Nexen

Nexen

Candle,

Enlightening post. Do you know of any threads here on our beloved ET that touch this topic in an intelligent fashion, I would like to expand my studies.

Thx

#16     Aug 7, 2010
  7. TD80

TD80

I submit to the OP that it is impossible that he/she would give me all of their net worth (assuming there is anything there to begin with) in return for nothing.

I dare you to prove me otherwise.

Your trolling post is just as ridiculous as mine and frankly quite similar in pathology.

#17     Aug 7, 2010
  8. The indicators you have mentioned were devised by authors who wanted to sell books. I have created several really cool looking indicators myself, that are just as accurate as the published ones. And just as unprofitable.

Profitable indicators, the ones that really do spit out a green light for buy and red light for sell, have been created by actual profitable traders. And they aren't publishing their golden goose.

#18     Aug 7, 2010
  9. being very in the money.
    i can tell u none of those methods u mention have any resemblence to what im thinkin when im in a trade.
    i dunno who created those macd even moving avgs. its just some play w numbers with linhes drawn after.

i wouldnt teach none of u either. just every now and then when i see total stupidty in trades and trade reasonings . iwould post a' god damnit thats retarded tis is the right way to trde' post

be glad im bored and annoyed frequentl

#19     Aug 7, 2010
  10. TGpop

TGpop

bullsh!t

i've been at it for 23months and am making consistent profits....

maybe you just suck? not all people can trade

#20     Aug 7, 2010