trading is LUCK ???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by quickTRADER, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Anyone trading on "luck" is about to go broke!

The prepared mind recognizing opportunity may appear to be "luck" to the uninformed mind.

#11     Mar 26, 2003
  2. Shaman

Shaman

depends, if you are talking about these last 3 days then I say anyone doing very well is just a lucky bastard. If you are talking about in general well it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes between luck and skill, or just big balls :p

#12     Mar 26, 2003
  3. I feel sorry for the six who voted "yes, you must be lucky". They apparently are not doing very well at trading for living.

Should any of them by chance be doing well, they must be very nervous knowing how fickle "luck" can be.

My guess is most members will not even dignify this survey with a vote.

#13     Mar 26, 2003
  4. luck?? I try to avoid them both, good or bad.

Last month I was scalping 2 stocks right b4 the close when my internet connection went out. 5 minutes later, news broke in after hour. my 2 long holdings made the top 5 loser's list the next day. :(

:

#14     Mar 26, 2003

5. great answer...!

#15     Mar 26, 2003
  6. Not always. A kid is born in USA, his father is Bill Gates. What did the child have to do with that?

F. P.

#16     Mar 26, 2003
  7. Not a voter type but totally lucky person.

I keep three lucky lists.

Dealer changes per hour.

SEC citations per year.

And posts I don't make on stock one day gains.

#17     Mar 26, 2003
  8. whowah

whowah

As with blackjack and poker...

The more I learned about the games the luckier I got.

#18     Mar 26, 2003
  9. Trane

Trane

Of course it is luck, what did you think there was skill involved?

#19     Mar 26, 2003
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

And of course luck plays a part in life, a very big part in some lives. How about the people whose transportation failed on the way to work at the WTC the morning of 9/11. Or those who overslept or got caught on the freeway and failed to make it to the Boston airport in time to catch any of the planes that were later hijacked and flown into the WTC. The list goes on and on, and if you deny the element of luck in life then you're truly denying reality. Now whether a trader should rely on luck, nosiree, and in the long run we like to believe (and fervently hope) that it all "evens out". Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.... :cool:

#20     Mar 26, 2003