Trading is gods work...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RangeTrader, Jun 10, 2012.

1. I was thinking about what Lloyd Blankfein said a while ago...

And it really is gods work if you think about it... Both banking and trading. We are taking money away from the fearful and weak and promoting evolution by transferring it to the strong.

2. themickey

themickey

There is a problem with that theory.
    If it were God's work, then God would be helping those traders who believe in Him.

I doubt that is the case.
    Christianity for example places great emphasis on faith.

How many Christian traders are succesful because they believe the trades they place will be guided by God's hand.

Try that - believing in God then placing trades because you believe God is there guiding you.

Won't work out! He aint there. Hard work, skill and connections etc get you past the goal post.

3. EON Kid

EON Kid

lol [​IMG]

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

To hell with that "Meek shall inherit the earth!" bs.
    Bring on the Evolution!!!

5. tango29

tango29

I guess I don't spend enough time creating excuses. I trade to make money. I pay for my family, donate to various charities, etc. But I have to admit I laugh at every asshole who tries to imagine they are doing God's work. Mother Teresa did God's work, Quite a few others who gave completely of themselves have done God's work. The rest, we try to make an excuse that we are doing God's work.

6. tango29

tango29

Actually evolution would be shit bags getting destroyed, ie Obama Bin Laden...no longer exists, the crap that Russia was...no longer...Putin will be put to an end...Sadam..ooops gone. Are we perfect...hell no, but we do still have some control. I live for the day politicians are back to being subservient to the people they claim to represent.

7. Isaiah 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.