Trading is extremely rewarding, but do you really think its forever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Genije, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Those who read Reminiscences of a stock operator will remember Livermore's attempt to corner the coffee market near the end of World War I.

He would have made millions if it wasn't for the government stepping in and fixing the price of coffee. It actually bankrupted him.

#51     Jan 1, 2008

2. You really believe this??? The world can't even get their act straight when it come to religion. Killing eachother in the name of GOD!
    How in the world will they get their act together for this! Wow you've got faith!

#52     Jan 1, 2008
  3. Qwerty

Qwerty

Quote from Genije:

Gentlemen, I propose a ludicrous notion. I propose that Stock Market which is very dear to me and dear to my ex wife, will ultimately be closed.

But first let me establish my credibility by saying that I follow trend that is my edge, now those of you who matter know that I am real thing. Let us continue.

Stock Market will be closed, there won't be buying and selling of shares of anything. Let me repeat in different tone, it is not a matter of IF IT WILL CLOSE, its a question of when. Surely you don't believe that this way of living will last forever. Now that I forced you guys to use your head, let me ask you a question.

Should a trader be worried that Market will disappear or change to the point where day trading won't be doable. Considering that change now takes 10 years not 100 years.

Pls keep insults to yourself since I probably made more money than you

Geez I just realized something, if I don't have the answer, no one else does either, but its too late to erase, let the question stand

The questions posed on Elite Trader sometimes border on the pathetic, this one comes close, I can already imagine
    one coming from a bored ET member, can aliens trade better than humans?

#53     Jan 1, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

why don't you read the book and maybe a useful discussion can ensue?

When Washington Shut Down Wall Street:
    The Great Financial Crisis of 1914 and the Origins of America's Monetary Supremacy
    William L. Silber

#54     Jan 1, 2008
  5. Vas62

Vas62

U started another thread with thhese exact words.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=113103

WTF is wrong with you.
    Is that how u fight hangover?

#55     Jan 1, 2008
  6. no
    he is just a complete moron and everybody sees it!

#56     Jan 1, 2008
  7. What difference does it make if it closes down? I know what I would do if the exchanges ever closed and that would be to get my ass on the nearest plane towards vegas and be a sports gambler. When you think about it what is the difference between a trader and a sports gambler? They both do their research and try to find the best bet that is the most likely to lead to success and they go for it while at the same time using money management. There will always be people who will bet you on something. There is always going to be someone who wants to match his wits against yours in some sort of gamble.

What a dumb question!!!

#57     Jan 1, 2008
  8. I probably won't be around for the second half of that 200 years you're talking about.

Good luck on that though. Get those bastards!

#58     Jan 1, 2008

9. Market was shut down after sept 11th 2001.

#59     Jan 1, 2008
  10. The Wash-Rule is one way they could stop the day trader. I doubt it but you never know

#60     Jan 1, 2008