Trading is extremely rewarding, but do you really think its forever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Genije, Jan 1, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

When Washington Shut Down Wall Street:
    The Great Financial Crisis of 1914 and the Origins of America's Monetary Supremacy
    William L. Silber

#11     Jan 1, 2008
  2. I emphatically say NO WAY ! here is why:
    the dollar would get destroyed if the U.S. closed there stock market. that would tell the world we don't trust our capitalistic system.

#12     Jan 1, 2008
  3. Genije

Genije

Well we agree, you are just forgetting that capitalism is NOT forever, that is my problem you see.

#13     Jan 1, 2008
  4. Genije

Genije

I am buying it right now, thanks stranger :)

#14     Jan 1, 2008
  5. Right or wrong about the topic...what an ignorant thread (and OP).

#15     Jan 1, 2008
  6. I have thought about this before and determined that if the stock market closed I would have to find another way to exponentially grow capital. I would probably venture into real estate.

#16     Jan 1, 2008
  7. Genije

Genije

I think you are a shortsighted fool too. So what, who cares. Happy new year. :cool:

#17     Jan 1, 2008
  8. Genije

Genije

Yes I imagine I would go down that road too.

#18     Jan 1, 2008
  9. Genije

Genije

I used to be one of those tree hugers, seeing faults with GDP up forever and earth resources down forever

simply not sustainable, after I became a day trader I found human greed and ignorance useful

I sold what I know is true, for physical comfort,

LOL this is what Bush must feel like :p :p :p

#19     Jan 1, 2008
  10. rwk

rwk

This is the best response so far. I was unsure whether to add a comment to all the other nonsense in this thread.

I don't know the OP, so I cannot be sure what his point was. It's highly unlikely that the stock market will disappear, but it is a fool who never stops to think about what would happen if the cash cow stops working for whatever reason.

I know a trader who was averaging over $2k per day during the late 1990's and early 2000's. The last time I saw him he said that his methods weren't working anymore and virtually every trade was turning into a big loss. His doctor was urging him to give up trading for the sake of his health.

It can happen. If we focus too much on how things can go wrong, we risk getting blindsided. There will always be things we don't expect.

#20     Jan 1, 2008