Trading is easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dozu888, Jun 6, 2018.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

The Jan selloff was simply because the market "got ahead of itself" nothing to do with inflation fear. The S&P was up 58.04% from prior swing low in a little less than 2 years. Time was up once new money flowed in, like always, in early January.

#41     Jun 9, 2018
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

If trading was easy then everyone has become a trader and earned a good amount of money.

#42     Jun 12, 2018
    Kate_Wal108 and CSEtrader like this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

#43     Jun 24, 2018
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Trading is simple but not easy.

#44     Jun 24, 2018
  5. dozu888

dozu888

the intent of the thread is actually the opposite... the hypothesis and the story telling is not simple at all.

#45     Jun 25, 2018
  6. dozu888

dozu888

now that volatility is back, I can add some thoughts as several wanted real time.

the sell-off today is like a delayed action. also the trade war story has already been proven bogus once, with new high in June. so, if it looks bogus, it is bogus. fxcm long/short ratio has moved towards neutral - so near term a secondary sell down is quite possible... as we still have 1-2 weeks time before the earning run starts, so right now with the trade war talk it's a perfect time to shake for a few days.

there is no buy/sell calls... the idea of 'calls' is fundamentally wrong... a individual trade that may look like a buy on itself, but when it's put in a portfolio it may not fit... everyone's portfolio is different.

#46     Jun 25, 2018
  7. Esha.J

Esha.J

Trading is risky, not everyone is a risk taker.

#47     Jun 25, 2018
  8. I wouldn’t say trading is easy. It kind of gives the impression that anyone can come in and start whipping up giant gains. I believe a lot of it is driven by people’s perception and capabilities. It may come easy to some while it may be beyond the comprehension of many. But it definitely doesn’t come to you overnight. Moreover I think trading in itself may not be much of a task but how well you do it now that can be a tough nut to crack. Consistency of profitable performance is not something everyone can accomplish.

#48     Jun 29, 2018
  9. Alfing

Alfing

There are not many traders on the Forbes billionaires' list. A couple of investors, maybe.

#49     Jun 29, 2018
  10. treeman

treeman

I hate to break it to you, but Paul Tudor Jones, gundlach, hell, basically the whole market wizards book. They are all traders.

#50     Jun 29, 2018
    CSEtrader and Alfing like this.