Trading is easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dozu888, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Peter8519

Peter8519

Training is easy. Just buy and sell. But trading profitably consistently is NOT.

#11     Jun 6, 2018
  2. dozu888

dozu888

Once I made a comment that even the 1-2% who actually make enough to live on would find it almost impossible to share anything because of all the noise.

Very easy for people to dismiss this... but think again - does the original post sound like a hind sight analysis? or a recall of how someone (yours truly in this case) actually did the analysis during the volatile period?

#12     Jun 6, 2018
  3. deaddog

deaddog

What are you doing now? Buying, Selling, Holding?

Nothing like making calls in real time to give you a little credibility.

#13     Jun 6, 2018
    WaxOn likes this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

The original post already gave the direction right?

#14     Jun 6, 2018
  5. deaddog

deaddog

Right but that doesn't answer the question, What are you doing?

#15     Jun 6, 2018
  6. dozu888

dozu888

I can tell you, but it will have no relevance... financial situation, investment goal, risk tolerance.... these things vary so vastly, that 1 person's buy becomes another's sell.

The purpose of the post was to shed some light on how profitable trading can be done... no surprise I saw much skepticism.. but those who are willing to try will likely see the light.

#16     Jun 7, 2018
    raVar and lcranston like this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

Making money is easy, just till you about ready to enter, then it is a matter of keeping it in your account and building it up, having patience to watch one tick bars for hours, yes it is summer and even harder to keep it rolling in.

New traders won't see the light, as it is not easy to sell highs and buy lows, I do this everyday and takes long time to learn. You missed about all the times where you selling highs and it keeps going higher, not easy then unless you are hedged, then it is easy so long as you did that correctly-ahhh more to learn for the inexperienced.

#17     Jun 7, 2018
    birdman and beginner66 like this.
  8. deaddog

deaddog

So tell me.

I'm not skeptical I'm curious.

#18     Jun 7, 2018
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

I can see this topic going on and on ... but not get around the fact this is done through the rearview mirror.

#19     Jun 7, 2018
    QuasWexExort likes this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

In an earlier post I offered to provide links to my real time posts in a different site, but that portion was deleted lol.... so you will be disappointed for a while.... volatile periods come about once a year... 2015, 2016, 2018... maybe this year we'll get 2 as we didn't 2017... and the sentiment supports higher vola in 2018 anyways, and if we get another one I will do real time.

When there is no volatility, there is nothing to do... that's my style anyways... main goal (already achieved) was/is to accumulate enough shares to live on portfolio returns.

#20     Jun 7, 2018