Trading is easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dozu888, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

What "method"?

#171     Nov 16, 2019
  2. dozu888

dozu888

you are terrible lol

#172     Nov 16, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

*sighs*

As you say.

#173     Nov 16, 2019
  4. _eug_

_eug_

I do believe there is some merit to what Dozu is talking about. Combining chart analysis with media stories is helpful. Think about April 2019 high in ES... the media was calling for a stock market melt up, yet the chart was screaming distribution with all the over night rallies on low volume just to be met with selling in the day session. Another example is CL back in June / July 2017, all the media was calling for a new bear market in oil... yet it was the bottom right before an up trend that lasted for 1 year.

If you think the market is entering an accumulation phase on your 4h+ time frame and the media is printing horror stories... its probably a decent swing buy... and vice versa for shorting.

Not talking about 3 min charts here.

#174     Nov 16, 2019
  5. .sigma

.sigma

I'm infamous for buying the 666.79 print ;)

#175     Nov 17, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

the merit is that this 'method' cannot be back tested.. this at least ensures that in the foreseeable future there will be no robot that can come into this space and ruin it.

you are not trading against 'the market'... but against the other guy on the other side... all you need is really just knowledge of human tendencies, and who are in the game - and media being one important piece of it.

like what would you do if you are a big trading house... stocks or CL... and you know these people at marketwatch.com and you can ask them to write whatever you want..

what would you do.... all common sense stuff...

#176     Nov 17, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/buybackdiv.pdf

which is more important - a vision, or a method?

the above link confirms what I been saying for so long... read carefully thru - net issuance is negative.... see my 2016 thread 'are we gonna run out of shares'.... and nobody had a clue in that thread.... and the reality is WE ARE running out of shares!

and there are several pages depicting the yield gap situation... you see the chase of yields after the crisis... now there is still a big gap between the forward earning yield and the corp bond yield.

getting the 'macro' correct is far important... if you can commit to say QQQ you are already ahead of 99.5% of the fund managers... a 'method' will just enhance that by a few percentage points further, and make the game slightly more interesting..

#177     Nov 17, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

ok - 4 weeks in a row now, last 10 minutes on Friday was hitting all the asks.... either them boys have to finish the weekly quota, or they used some shares during the week to shake the tree and have to get them back before the weekend.

in either case, the next leg up will be pretty big, after the main players reach consensus that there are no more loose shares to be had and they have to raise the price to attract more sellers.

#178     Nov 22, 2019
  9. "trading is easy" but positive result from trading its a real deal and how much we can return from trading it completely depends on money management.

#179     Nov 25, 2019
  10. TommyR

TommyR

if you are utility company blasting out millions of trades a second (+offset with THETA) but not really having too much delta i suppose it would also depend on the margin and leverage situation.

#180     Nov 27, 2019