Trading is easy, very easy, damn easy

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by MrCharts, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Here is a 2006 post from someone. His first post in ET.

He believes and has duplicated this failure.........

here you go:

"Does Technical Analysis work?

I think the best way to answer this is evidence. Opinions & beliefs are irrelevant. For many tech analysis indicators (for futures/commodities) i have been tracking this site for several years:

Indicator and Overall Opinion Performance Summary
    Indicator Total Number
    of Trades Average Days
    per Trade Total Profit
    from Trades
    Trend Spotter (TM)
    7 Trades 24 Days/Trade -3987.50
    7 Day Average Directional Indicator
    45 Trades 10 Days/Trade -5900.00
    10 - 8 Day Moving Average Hilo Channel
    57 Trades 6 Days/Trade -4650.00
    20 Day Moving Average vs Price
    33 Trades 12 Days/Trade -5512.50
    20 - 50 Day MACD Oscillator
    11 Trades 34 Days/Trade -1512.50
    20 Day Bollinger Bands
    20 Trades 2 Days/Trade -625.00
    40 Day Commodity Channel Index
    24 Trades 7 Days/Trade -150.00
    50 Day Moving Average vs Price
    29 Trades 13 Days/Trade -8550.00
    20 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator
    10 Trades 30 Days/Trade -4725.00
    50 Day Parabolic Time/Price
    32 Trades 14 Days/Trade -10937.50
    60 Day Commodity Channel Index
    17 Trades 9 Days/Trade -175.00
    100 Day Moving Average vs Price
    21 Trades 14 Days/Trade -6900.00
    50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator
    6 Trades 49 Days/Trade 337.50

Average Number
    of Trades Average Days
    per Trade Average Profit
    per Signal
    Overall Performance Summary 24 Trades 12 Days/Trade -4099.05

Overall? None of these popular indicators, when tested across ALL commodities shows evidence of profitability. Yes - I have tested this

Support/resistance & trendlines are not part of this site.

Arguing to the opposite without clear, testable evidence is basically a waste of time. But some still believe they are different"

So for him trading is not easy and not possible even.

#21     Aug 13, 2009
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

And bring a laptop if you hit the can at 8:28 a.m. on a news day.

#22     Aug 13, 2009
  3. Trading is easy if you accept the harsh reality that trading is:

1. Trading induces and increase your emtional states to extreme, you will become trading drama queen. You need to take control of your emotions.

2.Trading can makes you rich, but doesn't provide steady capital. reason is price moves not steady or rather volatility is not steady. A wage slave had steady income. An entrepeneur does not. A trader should just like an entrepeneur have a business plan for his trading business.

3. trading is hard if you're attached to money

4. trade a logical system, that also fits the best of your emotional state, and preferably backtested

5. you must realize unsteady income is what mentally unstable people are after. If you trade, you are mentally unstable.

6. since trading is redistribution of money, prepare to "work" alot put in alot of effort of time but get nothing in return. It's only redistribution of money you know.

7. Trading should only be about making money, nothing else. Any type of action that on the long run doesn't bring in money is no good action. If you realize you overtrade you already failed making money.

#23     Aug 13, 2009
  4. Of course it is, for most.

I am just back and even though the market recovered before the close, I am probably out with a stop, that might have been in profit, but I do not give a tuppence about it.

Do you know why, and it is not because "it was a paper trade".

Many traders, no matter what they go thru, have the win mentality so engraved in the brain, they are like blind men being led around by the good old faithful.

I will do 10 trades with stocks, and by the end of it, some of those who are still seeking should begin to see what trading is all about, and it is easy, very easy, damn easy, when you know what you have to do, and actually do it.

#24     Aug 13, 2009
  5. Let me explain something to everyone.. Believe it or not, the market is design for you to lose your money..Yup big time.. The market is full of professionals that have full advantage over most traders.. But the good news is you can still profit from the pros(market)..

Just imagine going to play for the NBA coming straight out of junior high school.. Sounds crazy doesn't it? But that's exactly what we are doing when we enter the market... So that being said, of course trading is going to seem hard in the beginning.. But like I said before the good news is you can still profit from the market..

How? Well, isn't that the million dollar question..From my experiences there is no one answer to this question, but I will say this.. You will need a well tested system, follow by good money management, follow by some good discipline..

Just because the pros run the market doesn't mean they don't make mistakes.. If you can spot their mistakes, then your account will grow handsomely..

#25     Aug 13, 2009
  6. In principle I agree, but in fact I must accept what is the reality of life.

How many thought (with certainty) that we would never see a black man as president of the USA.

Anything is possible for those who have the right mentality, but nothing will happen unless one makes a conscious decision to make it happen, and commits to carry it thru, no matter what obstacles arise.

There is way too much fluff in the world, too many politicians, too many corporations, too many ceo's, too many bosses, too many supervisors, too many professors, too many teachers, too many religious men, too many atheists, too many murders and not enough profitable small time traders.

#26     Aug 13, 2009
  7. Now we are getting somewhere.

The market is what it is and will do what it will do. It is nothing more than the buying and selling of a financial instrument (or commodity), or something derived from the instrument.

Apart from the black box buy & sell programmes that are big on the ES (which I recently heard is also getting as big on the FX), every trade is made by the conscious decision of some person, or group of people.

There are many answers as there are many markets and instruments to trade, and the choice of market will always be a personal choice based on the individuals initial introduction to the markets, as most are not working in the financial industry.

But, and there is always a but, there are but a limited number of effective ways to trade any market, and this is the million dollar answer.

If one knows the effective ways, then any market can be traded, with the end result depending on the time and experience gained in each market.

Systems are of limited value, as they are all based on logic, and it is very hard to apply logic to the stupid and ridiculous world of finance.

After all, look what has just happened since the end of 2007, and any person who thinks that sort of carry on is normal, well, needs to re-think, I think.

You will always see what you want to see, not what you should see.

The art of knowing before acting is not that common, and the art of acting when knowing is even less common.

#27     Aug 13, 2009
  8. acepowerdrive

acepowerdrive Guest

as long as you don't start freaking out go insane or go mental ,,,trading is easy.

i have freaked out many times.

#28     Aug 13, 2009
  9. I looked at your link, but did not read all the post as a scan was sufficient, and I am not being rude.

Some good advice will now be offered, what you do with it is entirely up to you.

Lose you ma's and what ever other "standard ta" indicators you use, they are nothing only distractions and when you have made and lost a good bit of money (which should not happen to you is you start to think correctly) you will see that what I speak is the truth.

The limited number of effective ways to trade does not include the standard textbook TA.

If this was the way to make money trading, then why do so many lose it to the few who take most of it?

It is not your fault, and I was once like you, even 10 times worse I would say, but after meeting with some strange people, some who have posted here, I will tell you truthfully that most of it is just pure and utter rubbish.

I will point the flashlight in the right direction, if one chooses to follow the light and see what is beyond in the darkness, they might be pleasantly surprised after a while.

#29     Aug 13, 2009
  10. You don't really know what the fuck you're talking about do you?

After that long diatribe above, you didn't really say anything of substance. Jack Hershey......is that you?

The only thing you did was place a trade put in a stop and then walked away????..and, you lost money at that.....Where is your trade management???

Now you're saying "thank you very much" like you're the next Great Guru ...:confused:

#30     Aug 13, 2009