trading is changing my view of the world

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ivano, May 19, 2020.

1. orbit23

orbit23

Just count the times you mentioned "I" and "think" in your post.

There's no place for "you" nor thinking in trading.

Not to mention you have to listen really well, what the boring market is telling you.

But we want action, excitement, dopamine, overthink and be smart, serve ourselve, make a lot of money...right?
    You are poised to fuck yourself.

#11     May 19, 2020
    Math_Wiz and never2old like this.
  2. Ivano

Ivano

@never2old
    OK fortune plays a big role, but if you have to pick stocks because you are a manager of an Hedge funds, admitting today human beings still do that, you gotta make choices, you can't never wait for the trade you like. This trade-off should be considered I guess, even because there are different kind of bear markets, some are predictable, other depends by regulatory laws, or trade wars as the dart monkey thing. Ok today there is a new paradigm, GS employees did good during 2008 and for years after, but today Buffett is selling 85 percent of his position, but still there are legendary investors that have a considerable net worth, really they are lucky? I dare to say not

@orbit23

>But we want action, excitement, dopamine, overthink and be smart, serve ourselve, make a lot of >money...right?
    >You are poised to fuck yourself.

Love that, I am quite masochist.

Plus a cost opportunity benefit, you get high without expensive drugs, risking even to get some money.

I was born into the Hebrew persuasion, but when I got older I converted to narcissism. W.Allen

#12     May 19, 2020
  3. zdreg

zdreg

Is this your sense of humor?

#13     May 19, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Cynicism just comes with getting old. As far as trading changing how you see things, I now look at a temperature-change chart from the weekly weather outlook and instantly see "a market", lol!

#14     May 19, 2020
    murray t turtle and Axon like this.
  5. %%
    Another good thing about AMZN/WMT;
    I don't have to build my library to hold 3.000 books-- look online+ find 200, or 2,000/LOL

#15     May 22, 2020
  6. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Lol, I like your humor. Not bad.

#16     May 22, 2020
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Probably depends on the person. Most prefer it online. I like it old fashion tho, - paper books.

In the future, libraries will remains only in museums as relics of the past.

#17     May 22, 2020
    ironchef and murray t turtle like this.
  8. %%
    I prefer paper also;
    not owing 3,000 books.
    Reading 3,000 books =ok.LOL AMZN/WMT is helpful in that its easier to browse without a book buy you don't really want...………………………………………………………………………………………………..

#18     May 22, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  9. ironchef

ironchef

I agree. It is difficult for me to flip pages back and forth on Kindle or my Surface.

#19     May 22, 2020
  10. a.png
    Magnificent first post. Welcome to ET.

#20     May 22, 2020
    Nobert likes this.