Trading is a fools game - you can't win

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tenebre, Oct 1, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

from this morning, now its nap time :)

#41     Oct 2, 2009
  2. Fractal

Fractal

It's time for you to turn off of your computer, stop creating aliases on elite trader, and contact your local psychiatrist.

#42     Oct 2, 2009
  3. thomas2

thomas2

trading is a deadly serious business and should be treated as such. only those willing to work their butt off learning the discipline of how to 'trade well' will ever truly succeed.

take care everyone.

#43     Oct 2, 2009
  4. tenebre, you are the epitome of a FAILURE who can't stand to be alone as a drowning, skill-LESS trader. Im sure your parents are very proud of their weak minded son.

My advice to you, go get some intense therapy.

Its always interesting to see these pathetic people(like the person who started this thread) who get on this site to ramble on that nobody else could possibly be successful at trading if he or she couldnt make it themselves. So they need to throw negativity to others around them to make themselves feel better.

Those are the traits of a LOSER

LOSERS are SHEEP

...and in real life, those SHEEP get SLAUGHTERED(get nowhere in life)

#44     Oct 2, 2009
  5. can I tell the IRS, trading is a fools game and we are all doomed to fail, SO why do I have to pay my taxes every year? I wonder what they would say. :)

#45     Oct 2, 2009
  6. Kap

Kap

trade like a fool would and a light bulb should light up. step 1.

#46     Oct 2, 2009
  7. It's amazing how much of an artform trading is, not only because there are innumerable ways to trade successfully, but also because you become the trader that you were meant to be. Psychologically, trading is all engulfing -- there is no more honest a mirror than your monitor while you are holding a position.

Just remember, our psyches learn and change the same way prices of a market move: always adapting, always discounting. There are very few constants, while the counterintuitive is usually "correct". For example, of course you need discipline to succeed, most traders would say. But the flipside is, you also need courage, you also need to be a little reckless. Why? That is how you learn, to progress, by taking chances. The most mentally iron-clad and disciplined trader will never learn to adapt, to take things to the next level, if he is always afraid to break a certain rule, cross a certain line, etc. The first live trade you make will always be a little reckless, just because you know you know so little. But after that first trade you will already have learned more than a hundred hours on a simulator. Just one example to think about.

Many questions on this board are akin to a student asking an artist: How do you make a great painting? When do you use the color blue? I've used alot of blue in my painting, why isn't my painting as good? etc etc etc. Don't believe there's always one or two answers to the problem of success, it's just not that simple at all.

#47     Oct 2, 2009
  8. Good post.

#48     Oct 2, 2009
  9. trading is a game played by fools... that much is true

but so is lottery, poker, craps, roulette :D

#49     Oct 2, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Very well said Sir

Personally – I color by numbers :eek: :p

Regards

RN