Trading is a fools game - you can't win

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tenebre, Oct 1, 2009.

1. tenebre

tenebre

Thanks mate,

Lately I've been really down in the dumps and completely unmotivated to do anything really. Can't seem to focus or get a grip.. definitely not the state of mind a trader should be in!

#21     Oct 1, 2009
  2. promagma

promagma

BANG!!

#22     Oct 1, 2009
  3. Simulation is a waste of time beyond learning the keystrokes of your platform. All you need when you're ready to start is a real-time price feed with live bids and offers -- and some tuition money.

Stop learning how to trade. Instead, just trade.

#23     Oct 1, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

While always protecting your ass :)

RN

#24     Oct 1, 2009
  5. tenebre

tenebre

Slightly off topic, but I figure someone would know.. what's the real danger with trading penny stocks? I mean trading them not investing in them..
    (by penny stocks I don't mean Pink Sheets, but $1-$5 stocks)
    Sudden price drops? More unpredictability? I figure I could tame those a bit better and trade smaller moves than with the big caps, and forget about options all together.

Thanks

#25     Oct 1, 2009
  6. I'm surprised this is still in circulation. Shouldn't it be thrown in the chit-chat section by now?

#26     Oct 1, 2009
  7. Reality check....you are NOT a trader. That was easy to surmise after reading your opening post.

#27     Oct 1, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Possibly being illiquid – I don’t really know cause I don’t trade them

So…..

Pick "one" stock with an ATR between 50 and 85 cents, and a ADV over 1M – Good learning, low volatility

BTW

Shorting is no riskier than going long (contrary to popular belief) – but true nonetheless

AND

It’s all unpredictable – learn to think like a damn trader – no such thing as “more unpredictability”

RN

#28     Oct 1, 2009
  9. tenebre

tenebre

Thanks again mate. Appreciate it.

#29     Oct 1, 2009
  10. hgih lles

wol yub

:p

#30     Oct 1, 2009