Trading INVERSLY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by estrader, Jul 28, 2003.

1. yes, i have faded myself while daytrading and have done well.

best,

surfer

#31     Jul 29, 2003
  2. bubba7

bubba7

It is simply insane to hold on the wrong side of the market. How could a person ever enter on the wrong side???

how could a person have to go out on a stop??

#32     Jul 29, 2003
  3. bubba7

bubba7

This is OT in several ways.

To make money it is better to enter only winning trades.

While in you give protection to yourself but your main job is staying on the right side of the trade.

All of this comes down to sharing responsibilities with the market and not usurping the market's jobs.

The market is better able to take you into a trade than any other way.

As you hold throughout the trade all you have to do is follow the trend given to you by the market. Be on the correct market pace and the market tells you enough for you to know what the market is doing (trendwise). Just keep accomodating the situation.

If you leave the market you will see at all times you are quite a distance from your protection.

It is dissappointing to see people making statements about not being able to know this or that. you always have a partner that knows what you don't. actually you do not need to know much to continually, seamlessly, make money in the market. It is a KISSS thing once you learn not to usurp the markets perogatives.

Gordon you are correct, Sci guy doesn't get it yet.

#33     Jul 29, 2003
  4. No matter how many pages this thread gets to and how many paragraphs posters might use to explain why trading inversely will or won't work....that above is the best answer you ever will get IMO at why it still WON'T Work.

:cool:

#34     Jul 29, 2003
  5. Not if you are swing/position trading.

#35     Jul 29, 2003
  6. gallacher in his book "winner take all" suggests holding a "world cup of losers" where you win the prize by losing the most amount of money--his contention is that the losers would become winners in the market when trying to lose.

best,

surfer:)

#36     Jul 29, 2003
  7. I always suspected that.
    I am thinking may be one should place two trades, one with papertrade, see where it goes, then place one with real money having found out the mistake or correctness on the first trade. What do you think, traders? Is that a good idea or what?

:D

#37     Jul 29, 2003
  8. I think that a good trader would kick the sh*t out of a bad trader in a losing contest. The better trader would still win, even with reversed goals.

A good trader should not only know how to win, but particularly how to lose. If he doesn't, he's only half-accomplished. In that way, doing occassional losing contests could be extremely beneficial to improving trading performance!

Turning monitors, deliberately taking opposite trades - It's all BS!
    Trading doesn't work that way.

Making a nice entry in the first place is a little bonus, but:
    In the end, it's the proper stops and the exits that count. Nothing else.

Sincerely,
    ~Scientist

#38     Jul 29, 2003
  9. So if your strategy is working so well, should not you be chilling out now, instead of wasting time on the internet like the rest of us losers.

#39     Jul 29, 2003
  10. It's actually early morning where I'm now, the US markets are closed, the Australian markets are not open yet, and I fee like some discussions on ET. Anything wrong with that?

For over half a year after joining ET, I didn't make any posts - Why? Because I was just studying what's going on in here - The politics and all the things already said.

Eventually, I jumped in, too. :p

Brother estrader: Exchange and discussion (interactivity) has been proven to be the most effective method of learning and further manifesting knowledge by repetition. Understand this, because it's important.

This is why I'm doing it, and it's why most other people on ET are doing it. If you don't understand this - Please read this post again. Read it until you do. Read it once more.

Thank you for your consideration.
    ~The Scientist :cool:

P.S: Not "strategy" but a multitude of strategies - To benefit from as many market situations as possible. :)

#40     Jul 29, 2003