Trading INTUITION

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by J_Commisso, Sep 24, 2002.

1. I did keep track of my intuition, it was right almost exactly 50% of the time. Same as a coin flip. That's not what I'm talking about.

Intuition is not IMHO something you can use to predict the future.

BUT, It does surface as a result of your future path being made for you by your mind. Let's face it, our future is determined by our actions, and our actions are the result of thoughts, so it is not a great leap to say our future is determined by our thoughts.

I have more to say, but for now, intuition is a word used by many to mean different things. I have fully explored hunches and still small voices, and I would have to fall into the largely bs camp on that one.

Now dreams and half awake states and the conscious use of the mind to produce intuition is a whole nuther matter.

#11     Oct 6, 2002
  2. In it's simplest form it goes something like this

1. You want to make money trading.

2. You instruct your inner mind to make a profitable path.

3. You use your outer mind to watch and listen for any signs the inner mind left along the way.

4. Intuition is when your outer mind picks up and reads a sign your inner mind posted to direct you on the profitable path.

That's just a quick run down version and may not be exactly accurate of the process.

Some call the inner mind the subconscious, some call it God, I personally call it Profitseer, it doesn't matter what you call it.

#12     Oct 6, 2002
  3. The thing about gut feel and/or intuition in relation to the market is that most people want to do what is bad for them. Most people want to sell winners quickly and hang onto losers which is truly backwards. Most people, if they go completely by their gut, will go broke. The people with good intuition or gut instinct, are the people that have somehow survived long enough to learn from their mistakes. Their fingers have been burned enough so that they have good reflexes. There is a big differrence between knowing something intellectually and knowing something instinctively in your gut.

#13     Oct 6, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like you refer to #7 and #3 (see pic) but I think #6 is better fit for trading decision. http://www.chioshealing.com/HealingLevel1/ChakraSystem/chakrasystem.htm

#14     Oct 6, 2002