Trading indices at prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blumartian, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Don never said he made 9 figures a year. He said he made 9 figures over his career!!!. It's not that hard to believe. If he has been trading for over 30 years, thats a little over 3 million a year gross. I'm sure he has made close to 50 million the last 5 years gross. Over 30 years I would venture to guess he has pulled in 125 to 150 million. I'll let Don post the figures as I'm just guessing here.

#31     Jul 27, 2007
  2. Wealth watchers radar dont catch most people. Some of my clients made well over 100m and you will never see them listed anywhere because the last thing you really want is the public knowing you have skads of cash from a security point of view for one. There would be loads of bankers/hedgies that will never appear those lists tend to be more for celebs.

#32     Jul 27, 2007
  3. Well, here is the Top 100 - for 2004, and 2005 was "ok" and 2006 was much better than 2004...and, yes, Bob is the quiet one.

And here is another $600K from poker playing, just for fun.

http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles/55121/robert-bright.htm

And here is a few $million from Blackjack as well, LOL.

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Brightint.htm

LOL, I've been on this board for nearly 7 years and don't think I have posted this much personal stuff, but what the heck.

You'll find very few traders, using all their own money, purely discretionary type traders, that ever make it to the level Bob has....sure, some corporate types, some guys using OPM, but very few true independent traders.

And, as motivation, Bob explained to the boot campers yesterday how he came to Vegas in 1974 with $3,000, a wife and 3 kids, quitting his Fortune 500 company accounting job, to play Blackjack for a living. Pointing out that there was no inheritance or anything to start with.

Regarding training in New York, I have done special classes on a couple of occasions, but these days we stay at home for the training of new people...and, heck, 3 days in Vegas can't be all that tough to deal with. Heck, in our day, we had to go to San Francisco, New York, and Chicago just to make a few $million, Vegas is much easier, IMO.

All the best,

Don

Edit: I just read a couple of more posts, and I can assure you that Bob has made much more than $100 Million over the years, with these postings just being the most recent. We don't feel any need to flaunt any of this, I'm just proud of my big brother, LOL.

#33     Jul 27, 2007