Trading indices at prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by blumartian, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Spread trading is not generally referred to as directional trading. It is generally thought of as the opposite of directional trading.

#21     Jul 25, 2007
  2. We have "some" pure automation, but mostly the software we use monitors up to 400 pairs at any given time and gives us alerts based on our pre-determined criteria, that way we can evaluate current market conditions before trading.

Don

#22     Jul 25, 2007
  3. huge230

huge230

Sorry for calling you Done lol

#23     Jul 25, 2007
  4. Yeah, I guess my Clearing Firm lies to me about their arb guys trading pairs, and I guess my friends at eSignal who have helped develop auto-execute techniques for pairs are just making things up. Look, I've never said that pairs is the only thing, just one of the things that is working currently. As far as my brother is concerned, I think anyone who has made, on his own, over 9 figures with personal trading is one of the best.

Sure, we have some sclapers, and we all incorporate all sorts of strategies in our executions - no need to make such a big deal out of discussing strategies, IMO.

Whatever is making you money, stick with it.

All the best,

Don

#24     Jul 26, 2007
  5. don if our brother is making 9 figure a year that is excellent : )
    Do u have any training in NYC about bright boot camp 3 days
    Cause i dont want to come all the way to viva Las vegas :- (
    Or any other option u have

#25     Jul 26, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually yes. I believe Bob was featured in Trader Monthly in one of their best trader issues. I am almost certain of it. And btw, there are a lot of 9 figure traders you haven't heard of. Most those guys shun publicity for obvious reasons. I'll give you 3 letters....I....R....S.....

#26     Jul 26, 2007
  7. JM64

JM64

is 9 figures $100,000,000..............to $999,000,000?

#27     Jul 26, 2007
  8. Don is one of the few guys om here worth listening to as he and his brother have built a real business within trading and done fantastically well out of it which is what most people on here should aspire to.

#28     Jul 26, 2007
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, their top 100 list.....here it is.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2005_August_18/ai_n14926615

"LAS VEGAS -- Robert Bright, CEO of Bright Trading, LLC, was named in the Trader Monthly "Top 100" list last month showing personal trading income for 2004 estimated between $15-$20 million. Twenty-five-year-old protege Darren Clifford made the "Best 30 traders under age 30" list shown in the August issue of the year-old high-brow trading magazine with an estimated income for 2005 of $350,000."

#29     Jul 26, 2007
  10. I was a senior futures/options broker at a major London firm mainly to hedge funds which in the mid to late 90's was some pretty great people and got paid very well for it but in the end all you are is an order monkey. Not very rewarding personally though i think back to what I could be earning and it makes me sweat a bit, oh well

#30     Jul 27, 2007