Trading Index Futures outside Chicago hours

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Jdesey, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

I know there are many people here on this forum that are not US based, so I bet someone can answer this for me. What is it like to trade outside of the 8:30AM CST - 3:15 PM CST hours. I know it is smaller volume. I have not done too much, but it seems to be workable at least with the Asian market open (7PM CST)...

I would be trading NQ for now

I am back testing my strategy against the outside hours to see what may be there.

who has experience please

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Overnight

Overnight

I am US based, and I trade it outside of those hours. No problem. I also trade the forward month, with NO PROBLEM. Not sure what the problem is here, that you would need to ask the question in the first place.

3. Jdesey

Jdesey

I am asking more for what to expect. Are folks having decent success? Are there adequate setups? etc....

4. Overnight

Overnight

You can expect your setups to be exactly as they would be during regular hours, just slower in manifestation?

5. Jdesey

Jdesey

ok.... I guess the best way to find out is to do it... I did hit a NQ trade yesterday and yeah,, it took from 6PM till 9PM PST,,, but I did pull 17 points... well worth it...

so I guess that is to be expected ....

you can just chill, watch some TV and keep and eye on it,

6. Overnight

Overnight

Just look at ~2AM to ~7AM ET to have moves. It is neat. Welcome to a new world.

7. volente_00

volente_00

You already asked this question a while back on July 14th in index futures

8. We should start a Jdesey threads section. As soon as I see a title I immediately know it is one of yours lol. When you say "backtest" I assume you mean you are randomly looking at charts and saying "ooohhh, I would have traded here and made some money" because if you were actually backtesting(that word implies you are trading mechanically btw) you wouldn't have to ask another silly question. You would test, get some statistics, and decide if you should trade or not.

9. Jdesey

Jdesey

love you guys too... good to know the post police are on the job

10. I don't like or dislike you. I'm blunt, and I've given you lots of good advice. Feel free to ignore me, but if you can thicken your skin a little and think about my responses, you might realize I'm actually trying to help you not blow out your account. Consider that many of us recognize where you are at in your trading because we've been there, and we know how it ends.

I'll even throw you a bone. Post a basic setup you like and I'll see if I can give you some stats to help you out. And no I'm not trying to steal your setup lol.

#10     Aug 18, 2017
    Rajkumar likes this.