Trading In Your Underwear

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 3, 2007.

1. There are some pearls of wisdom in these thoughts. I love : I get dressed the wife says where are you going and I say nowhere! That's very close to my life except for the get dressed part.

As I type this at 7 in the morning on a Sunday I realizes I am fully dressed in jeans... there is something passive aggressive I am doing to my wife, I know it drives her crazy and that's why I keep doing it.

Now someone mentioned the smells and I must say the smell is good but there is a problem and since you are all good friends I will tell you and hope I don't accumulate a lot of comments on this but- I have big balls. Really big ones. Even my jeans have to be altered and repaired ,it's so embarrassing, I bring them to the store with their two quarter size rips where my boys rest their restless heads. So The furniture in the kitchen is taking a beating. The fine French chairs - my chair anyway is horribly gashed open and threaded and torn and a big mess and that's just from sitting and shifting around uncomfortably as the market tanks.. The table too is a problem I've broken it with my big forearms. It's all wiggly jiggly now and when someone leans on one side it goes way up unless I'm holding the other side down with a trade. It's an expensive antique too. Having a son and thus losing my office is the cause of much of this grief. I could rent an a space somewhere I guess or trade out of a group situation but then everyone is looking over your shoulder and asking questions-- I need COMPLETE silence usually when I'm researching and even the slightest tinkle of glassware will send me up the wall-- another strife point with the wife-- she like to do the dishes in the morning and I like to sit there and study... we are still working through the kinks of both of us being in the apt at the same time.

No one ever said it would be easy. ~ stoney

#11     Nov 4, 2007
  2. lol.

Re the tinkle of glass ware.

My wife has an African Gray parrot. I hate it, the bird loves me. The bird doesn't talk but has selected for his annoying pleasure a range of sounds intent on detroying my peace and tranquility. I'm pretty adept at blocking the bastrds sounds out but not always. So, I have done this, I shift gears. There are certain things that I do and need silence but I always keep in reserve, tasks that are manageable when he decided to seranade me and fail at blocking him out. This bird is 13 years old and will outlive me. My wife loves me and will get rid of the bird if I ask, I love her and I couldn't ask her to do that.

#12     Nov 4, 2007
  3. Now you can understand why they want to make it a $10,000 to release those idiot birds out in the wild. There are thousands in Pinellas County Florida released by individuals just like yourself. :D :D

If you ever decide to get ride of it, send it to Fairbanks or the North Pole and release it.

#13     Nov 4, 2007
  4. Fractal

Fractal

By far one of the most hilarious exchanges I've seen on this site. Made my morning.

#14     Nov 4, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

I'm with ya Stoney - My wife absolutely abhors the fact that I am able to work from home. No matter how much money I make, no matter that it is the best thing for our kids, no matter that she hated it when I traveled so much when I had a "real" job. She just can't get over the fact that I can roll out of bed and go downstairs to my office in my underwear and she has to get up and drive to work. Logic is an attribute rarely found in the fairer sex.

Oh - I really didn't need to hear about your gigantic balls, but I did loller when I read it.:D

#15     Nov 4, 2007
  6. Ah, so nostalgic, this thread.

I remember when i could afford underwear....................

#16     Nov 5, 2007
  7. Well today was intersting, I almost did it. It was about 2:20 when I pulled the jeans on and I just missed doing it before my wife came home with the kid from the Dr. literally ten minutes earlier really would of made a big difference...

But alas again I am in my underwear and what's worse I've stopped trading! Couldn't come up with an idea today to save my ass and my action list is uninspiring... in short I am in my underwear at home and not trading. Not good.
    A gin and tonic would be out of the question.

I think early on I was thinking about when I was going to get dressed to much... And this doesn't even get top the wash and brush the teeth part. I have to sneak into the bathroom now at 4:22 and brush my teeth. I'll splash my face and I'm ready to embrace the day! Just as everyone else is winding down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one TopDown. The wife can't respect a day like today who can blame her I feel like Howard Hughs, I haven't sucked the breath of mother air since six this morning with the dog... but on a really good day when I'm pumped up that's when it hurts... this sort of general disdain for the stock market... She's taken to really overly liking this TV show Prison Break too..... wonder where this all will lead... with me in prison?
    To Be Continued....

#17     Nov 5, 2007
  8. Stoney,
    I get the impression you're recently retired, if so, I'd say you get a free pass for 6 months to a year re getting dressed.

#18     Nov 5, 2007
  9. Oh nutmeg, if I told you my life story you would wince.

Now I'm really starting to fall apart. I have isolationist bomb shelter mentality that rears it's ugly head at certain times, Holiday Season brings this out... Yesterday dusk to dusk with the time change, I didn't see the light of day. It was a vampire-like take on investing and damn near profitable just missed pulling the rigger on CRS up $5 today... it was such an out lay $120K >> for the five grand... well in retrospect f"*ing want IT and already spent it and all of this has resulted today in me today wearing PANTS!

There I was at the gym when I changed into pants. That's right instead OF COMING HOME IN SWEATS, I came home in proud pants. Imagine the nonindigenous people bowing to me... I returned home and just bitched and bitched at the missed trade and sent a bad email to a research squad at a certain hedge fund who may now freeze me out. These emails they are a killer to someone like me.
    And got nothing done day two. I feel a stock-block coming on....

Anyway, I'm dressed and the disruption I caused in the closet has caused a whole wall to collapse my wife is going to freak. She had her shoes rigged up in some sort of Vietnam jungle trap it just about strangled me. Anyway it's not worth it- this dressed thing... nobody is coming the door to say how I nice I look. And I spend the day getting up to look if anyone is coming.

It doesn't help that I'm much confused now and hiding from the world. Yes I closed my business and forgot to mail in a sales tax receipt tripping all kind of red flags and I've lost all the records in the move and and I'm so afraid of the mail now. I don't collect it. The doorman is getting pissed/....
    " On vacation again I see..."

Which gets me back to the point of being retired. I've always been a at home guy. I did retail in the worst way I was only open from 1:00 to 5:00 ish and sometimes I lefty early! It was sort of a long lunch. And we did really well our first few years-- we were open to 7:30 back then but life's priorities change along the way and after I realized no matter what we did, how much we laid out, we always broke even after paying for our healthcare... we just weren't getting anywhere, I began taking the full months of July and August off And well I SHOULD! Life sucks in a way. It's getting short. It's moving to fast. I'm 43 and I can't really call it retired. That's disrespectfull to working folk. I'm kind of a Grandpa slacker! I have to get a script off the ground or something I used to be a writer. Where is the mental stamina after stocks? I just want to write a fu*ing poem at this point. Short. Can't finish a damn book unless it's about war history.

Man the house is messy, the wife is going to be pissed I didn't do anything. I wish I played the junior solars damn my CSIQ too!

Anyway the table, the dining table is ruined!! I've ruined it with my pounding after trades both good and bad. The closet is in such a state of dissrepair that I could just say I've decided to renovate. The wife is on the way home from a facial. Sure to be radiant. The boy coming home with grandma from the circus and me in an ever greater quest to get dressed and trade.

Sitting now facing uptown like I used too. When it was working better, Lost my lucky pen TOO. Thanks Hon! SURE you didn't SEE THE PEN WITH ALL THE color OPTIONS!!! YES LIKE THE ONE'S YOU USED TO HAVE IN GRADE SCHOOL DAMNIT!!!

Ayy Caramba tonight IS a gin and tonic night for sure, maybe two. And RIGHT before Grandma gets here. Help me.

To be continued.
    My legs feel trapped by these pants. My soul is not . ~ stoney

#19     Nov 6, 2007
  10. What are you trading your underwear in for? Are we talking about a barter system? Who's going to take the opposite side of that trade?

#20     Nov 6, 2007