Trading in the zone

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Samson77, Feb 13, 2004.

1. I have heard such great reviews on this book.

I was going to go and buy it but before I did I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to REALLY apply the work into their trading and if so could you give me some feedback.

2. cdbern

cdbern

Just got it, haven't finished reading it let alone apply the principles, but I can tell you its a great book. Brings things to the surface you weren't even aware of, things that hamper your trading ability.

Am already feeling a difference in my outlook.

Good luck.

3. I highly recommend Trading In The Zone its a brilliant book.

4. Worth every penny... I wish I would have bought it but instead I rented it from this on-line library

www.tradersbrain.com

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You can also get it from your own library thru interlibrary loan. But it's hardly an expensive book . . .

6. DTK

DTK

7. I have read both books (Kiev and Douglas). The challenge is in implementing the concepts. It is relatively easy to read about trading "in the zone", and much more difficult to find and get into "the zone". In my experience, it has been a matter of discipline and motivation. Specifically, I had to find a way to control my emotions while my trades are in place. Also I had to learn to analyze my approach to the markets. Once I was able to do this, I had to decide whether or not I was willing to do what it takes to be successful. It turns out that it is like going to the gym. Once you start to see results, it becomes a little easier to make yourself do it. If you are motivated, and willing to act on what you read, both books are excellent. If not, it may be a better idea to spend the money on a night out at the movies. Good luck, Steve46.

8. Steve,

Good idea! May I add that you can learn a lot by touring the ET threads for a night. You learn a lot about stuff that doesn't help much in making money.

Be good,

nononsense

9. Nonsense:
    So true. For example, I have learned quite a lot about the Bahamas from Metoox (Thanx Metoox).

10. fabrizio

fabrizio

A great buy for everyone . I believe ZILCH, GURNISH in Psycho book but Mark Douglas in This one is unfolding a lot of common sense and a very sensible approach.

To be read

#10     Feb 16, 2004