Trading in the Zone

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JPope, Apr 14, 2009.

1. For some reason the file is not uploading...

Send me a PM with a e-mail address and I will send you the .pdf there.

#11     Apr 14, 2009
  2. volente_00

volente_00

100% agree.

Best trading book I have ever read that actually helped.

#12     Apr 14, 2009
  3. Buy the book...

#13     Apr 14, 2009
  4. I think it's a good book, I didn't read his first one though. For me the lesson or message in the book didn't click until the 2nd or 3rd time I read through it.

#14     Apr 14, 2009
  5. This is true. I believe you have to read it. Trade.. experience the emotions.. blow up.. trade again.. read it again.. experience the emotions again and again.. read it one more time and things he is talking about you will realize you are experiencing when trading.

You can read all the books in the world on swimming.. but that all changes once you hit the water if you don't know how to swim.

I myself need to read that book again. this will be my 3rd time I believe.

#15     Apr 15, 2009
  6. I agree that this is a great book on psychology... my one critique is that it is quite repetitive and could've been shorter. The author also hints that he will disclose some grand secret towards at the end.. which is just psychological attributes.

That being said, simply controlling one's emotions will not make you profitable. Trading doesn't seemingly effect my emotions... I don't get happy or mad. When I traded for a fund, it wasn't my money, so the financial freedom helped. Still, I failed as a trader because I lost slightly more than I made. It had to do with a poor strategy rather than my emotional state.

#16     Apr 15, 2009
  7. Alexander

Alexander

Probably the most influencial book I've ever read in my trading. No doubt I can attribute my success to concepts in that book. I'm sure they're not new ideas, just hit home with me and worked.

The concepts that particularly worked for me are:

- You can't predict what's going to happen. Get over it.
    - Develop an edge and then execute it flawlessly often.
    - Be confident yet down to earth with your expectation.

#17     Apr 15, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

which book? incomplete address.

#18     Apr 26, 2009
  9. Read the following post:

Quote from monty21:

Here it is for free in .PDF

Merry early Christmas

For some reason the file is not uploading...

Send me a PM with a e-mail address and I will send you the .pdf there.

#19     Apr 26, 2009