Trading in Thailand

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by FireWalker, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Yabz,

Thanks for the info. on IPstar. I have heard from a few other people that the problem with satellite is that it frequently goes down or loses packets, especially in the rainy season. Have you experienced this also?

I assume if staying in a condo in BKK, satellite would only be an option if I mounted the disk on balcony or something, correct?

Deron

#71     May 14, 2004
  2. I had a talk with loxinfo customer service last year about
    IPstar satellite, and he didn't recommand me using it,
    because of very poor quality during rainy season,
    considering Bangkok has rainy day most days from
    end April to end Oct.

This is good for mountainous upcountry like places only,
    with no cable or DSL access.

#72     May 15, 2004
  3. nasdorq

nasdorq

I traded the ES from Taiwan for a few months. Speed didn't seem to be a problem with DSL. IB has a server in Honk Kong that serves Asia, so I'm sure that helped. Though for the emini's I only need a few streaming symbols...not a heavy load on bandwidth. I wonder what the difference would be for trading equities, where you might have a watchlist of a 100 stocks. I realize there's different bandwidth/speed requirements for emini's vs. equities, daytrades vs. scalping. Anybody have any lag issues scalping equities overseas?

Thailand sounds like paradise, but if I had one question about it....I'm a guy who refuses to pay for female companionship. I've never had to, and am not about to start. The filth factor is also a deterrant (not a fan of "Eau de Latex" perfume). Is it common to get a hot girlfriend who doesn't charge? Just a regular girl who works, goes to school, whatever. I get the impression that every good looking Thai girl is thrown into the sex trade.

#73     May 16, 2004
  4. Thailand sounds like paradise, but if I had one question about it....I'm a guy who refuses to pay for female companionship. I've never had to, and am not about to start. The filth factor is also a deterrant (not a fan of "Eau de Latex" perfume). Is it common to get a hot girlfriend who doesn't charge?

Even with regular girl, you got to spend some money on her
    to show that you care for somtimes.
    Your wife won't even sleep with you for free all the time,
    these days. What do you expect?
    :D :D

Just a regular girl who works, goes to school, whatever. I get the impression that every good looking Thai girl is thrown into the sex trade.

No, most working girls are Uglier villagers (isaan) from
    upcountry and others from bordering countries like
    Laos, Myanmar, Combodian,.. it's not more than 5% of
    total who serve in sex indutry. You won't or hardly can
    find a Bangkokian as working girls.

#74     May 16, 2004
  5. mark1

mark1 Guest

Firs of all try to understand their culture (easy uh?!?!?) and you'll soon realize that the kind of girls that you are looking for don't jump easily in your bed, so when that happens, it's a red flag !
    Sorry buddy but that's the reality over there, good things don't come easily.

And don't be fooled when they don't ask for money , that doesn't mean they or their family don't have a hidden agenda.

Most of the "good" girls won't even dream to go around with a falang for everybody to see

#75     May 16, 2004
  6. nasdorq

nasdorq

That's perfect cause I have an ugly villager fetish! LOL. Good point too....you gotta spend money on them in any country, so I guess you're paying for it in one way or another.

#76     May 16, 2004
  7. nasdorq

nasdorq

Bummer. What about a falang with a massive.....laptop?

Hidden agenda? You mean they'll steal my trading strategy? lol. I'm guessing it has more to do with internal organs and ice coolers.

Too bad you can't pay them in stock tips.

#77     May 16, 2004
  8. mark1

mark1 Guest

rofl man you have good sense of humor , but you don't have a clue, don't you?

Good luck with your thai experience :cool: :p

#78     May 16, 2004
  9. I wonder if narcissus is still open in bangkok. I remember that night so well, year new's eve party...The club is so nice, has a roman empire gladiator theme with the actual club deep in the ground. That night was pretty wild with the dj pounding techno all night long and transvestites mingling with all the foreigners who have no clue...

#79     May 16, 2004
  10. realstockaddict,

Yes, Narcissus was still operating as i was making my way from
    Sukh 23 to petchburi Rd by taxi . I never been there, as i like
    to take part in more cheaper & crowed venues.

Btw pay a visit to wallstreet cafe & Bar in soi 33, where you have
    screen showing drink prices changes as markets flactuate.

#80     May 18, 2004