Trading in Thailand

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by FireWalker, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Not as cheap as you are . hahaha

#201     Mar 1, 2012
  2. ybfjax

ybfjax

Why dont you come to Thailand and see for yourself?

#202     Mar 1, 2012
  3. toeknee

toeknee

Currently trading U.S. equities in Bangkok since the beginning of the year. Connection speed is good enough. No complaints really. Trading through a prop firm out here. If anyone wants info, PM me.

#203     May 7, 2012
  4. ybfjax

ybfjax

Sent PM. I didn't know there were prop firms out here. I assume it is dsl?

#204     May 7, 2012
  5. toeknee

toeknee

They offer both cable and dsl broadband connections out here.

I'm using a 20mbs cable connection. The provider is True.

#205     May 10, 2012
  6. Anyone in or near Chiang Mai?

#206     Jul 15, 2012
  7. copa8

copa8

anyone know of or recommend any hotels or service apartments that offer in-room secured high-speed internet (no wi-fi) connection? want to day trade futures using ninjatrader & IB.
    thanks!

#207     Aug 22, 2012
  8. ybfjax

ybfjax

Good luck with that. Most guesthouses will secure their wifi with a password. Or the more expensive ones will have their own custom gateway where they assign every person (machine) who logs on their own username/password. Or they have internet shops, but that would be inconvenient. If someone does know of a hotel (in thailand) that has hard ethernet hubs in each room. Probably a western one that would be $60-120/night. And I bet the internet would be EXTRA.

In order to have your own exclusive internet, you either will need to use 3G wireless sim card (TrueMove H [MyCat], AIS, DTAC, TOT), or you need your own subscription to a landline connection (True, Cat, ToT, 3BB). I suggest 9Mbps down and 1Mbps Up, which will be about $27/month USD. Make sure you do a speed test while the guys are there to ensure your computer gets the correct speed.

#208     Aug 23, 2012
  9. 3G is good,reliable ? Price/GB ?

#209     Aug 23, 2012
  10. OnClose

OnClose

Would these be the safest way to use the internet to trade while traveling? And is there a safe way to use hotel WIFI when traveling? Thanks.

#210     Aug 23, 2012