Trading in San Fran

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by rooroo0312, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Interestingly enough, San Francisco was the place that smelled like urine with all the angry homeless bums and discusting sleeze shows around every corner. There is a element of seedy underbelly in San Francisco which dosent exist in Chitown Or the BIG apple. Besides, I live in San Diego, which ...well
    lets just say there is no comparison
    but i think I can can guess why you love it there so much

#31     May 4, 2003
  2. Trajan

Trajan

That basically sums it up for me. Sf should be a great city, but it has too much baggage and the opposite politcal climate needed to change.

Although, I must say, where Jester lives is pretty cool. I would definitely live there.

#32     May 4, 2003
  3. Not bad......but too far from Tahoe. Any traders looking to get an office going in Tahoe...please contact me. Very interested....Maybe Incline or Crystal Bay, but somewhere on the Nevada side.

#33     May 4, 2003
  4. This is like the east/west gang war, except we are on the same team. We live on the West "left" coast, can't we all just get along. Are you claiming blood or crip??????
    I am claiming Green. $$$$$$$$$

#34     May 4, 2003
  5. funky

funky

like i said, i am :) we're planning right now to move back to south florida -- looks like i don't even have to make half of what i'm making now. i dunno, i just don't get it -- today i was walking on the beach and wondering why such a nice place sucks so badly. i came up with --- overpoplulation and no urban planning. this basically sums up the problem here. otherwise its a great geographic location, one of the most diverse and beautiful places i've seen in the u.s.

to each his own :)

#35     May 4, 2003
  6. chipware

chipware

Actually, you're on to something here. No state taxes in Nevada! Seems like a good place to trade from.

I'm thinking of Reno myself.

#36     May 8, 2003
  7. chipware

chipware

Does anyone get together in the Bay Area to talk about their trading activities? I'm up in Fairfield, but I'd gladly come down to the City or to the Valley (Dave and Busters in Milpitas is a good spot).

None of my friends trade, so I don't really have anyone to talk to, short of online. If anyone's interested in getting together, let me know.

PS, I trade equities right now, but I'd like to get into futures. T

#37     May 8, 2003
  8. I've lived in both.

Ten years in NYC, with the incredibly high PERSONAL INCOME TAX RATE, which is on top of STATE and FEDERAL TAXES not too mention the crummy weather ( can you say 10" of rainfall during the month of June? ) and $400 per month to park your car!

Atleast you can sleep in a bit because the bell doesn't ring until 9:30AM. This certainly gives you an opportunity to have a regular schedule along with others, and enjoy some of the nightlife.

vs

The San Francisco Bay Area where you have to go to bed early in order to get up early. . . Gorgeous weather. Centrally located with pretty good freeways heading North to Lake Tahoe and South to Santa Cruz, Carmel, and Monterey. If you are athletic and enjoy the outdoors, snow or water-skiing, golf, tennis, hiking, camping, etc. . . the Bay Area is a total treasure!

It's no contest.
    It really isn't.

:p

#38     Sep 23, 2003
  9. OK listen...you like the city but only visists? you like all four seasons? nice and hot in the summer with no humidity. the best foliage you will ever see in the fall. snow on christmas day.

2hours to Boston. 2.5 hours to NYC. 5 hours to Montreal.(by car)

You like hiking and camping? We got that.
    You like horse racing? Got it.
    Boating? You want river or lakes? We got 'em.

You like low cost of living and housing with all this? We got some great deals up here.

That's right folks, I'm talking about the beautiful upstate New York area! Albany/Saratoga Springs.

Over 100 inches of snow last year so trade in the 911 for a Range Rover!:D

Happy Trading.

:cool:

And if you see this dog chasing you when you get here..don't walk, RUN!

#39     Sep 23, 2003
  10. be good doggie!

eh, wont let me post picture of my dog..says its too big..
    how do i post it?

#40     Sep 23, 2003