Trading in San Fran

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by rooroo0312, Feb 19, 2003.

1. funky

funky

this is the insanity that people live in here.

commute time from santa cruz to SF: approximately 2 hours (if you are lucky...)

total time spent in car/day: 4 hours.

why would anyone in their right mind do this? well, if you move to SF you'll see this kind of illogical madness every day. think of the people you will meet, can't wait!!

#21     May 3, 2003
  2. funky

funky

i'm trading outta my apt. in potrero hill....anybody else doing this around SF? i have such wierd hours that i feel like its the twilight zone living here in this busy place.....

this is what my day is like:

0600 wake up and put some music on
    0630 trading starts
    0900 breakfast
    1245 trading over
    0100 lunch
    0130 siesta
    0430 wake up and go jogging
    0600 dinner

repeat and rinse :) i'm also a singer in a rock band -- practice in evenings, since the rest of my band has regular 9-5 jobs.

#22     May 3, 2003
  3. Dustin

Dustin

I trade out of my house in East Bay now, but that was pretty much my schedule when I lived in the city from '98-2001...except substitute jogging for a bike ride on Ocean Beach.

Attatched is my old view off the fire escape.

#23     May 3, 2003
  4. jester

jester Guest

Dude,

I don't know WHO you are or if you EVEN live in SF but I live in Santa Cruz AND commute to work 3 days a week in SF and your numbers for rent / commute times are SO WRONG I have to laugh....get real where do you really live?

LMAO!

So go live somewhere else....geezus I live in the beautiful Santa Cruz Redwoods and get to work in San Francisco, yes their are problems but geezus I've been back east and I hate shoveling snow, been to Dallas (yuck), been to Chicago .....sorry for MY money I love the Northern California lifestyle...and get this I DO NOT MAKE $200K per year either, it's under $100K right now and I live very comfortably.

J-

#24     May 3, 2003
  5. funky

funky

i'm interested in hearing your commute time. also, have you checked craigslist housing/apt. thread? type in potrero hill and see if you can find a 1 bdr for under 1350 (which is what i have). i came from south florida where you could get an amazing 3000 sq. ft. house for 300k, complete with your own pool/jacuzzi, in a tropical setting. i guess if you are living in santa cruz, then yeah you probably don't have to make that much.

i didn't mean this personally, its just common among people here to 'rationalize' their commutes and life to the point where it just doesn't make any sense to me. i can't rationalize more than a 5 minute commute, but that's just me. i prefer to live my life stress-free and spend all my time with people i care about, instead of on the road. don't get me wrong -- i love the area...its more of a love/hate relationship....but it isn't the best place to live for me (i prefer warmer, tropical climates).

as far as being 'so wrong' about everything, i'd love to hear your more 'precise' #'s.

#25     May 3, 2003
  6. Swipe

Swipe

I like my commute out of the bed 3 steps to the left.....or right.

#26     May 3, 2003
  7. if lundy can be here prolly anyone can:)

#27     May 3, 2003
  8. Funky,

Ride your ass back to the east coast. If you enjoy sleeping in..than the east coast is where you should be. I commute 1 hour to SF from the south and have done it for 4 years. SF is simply the best place on earth. I grew up in SoCal....and can only take that area for a weekend. There is always a premium put on locations in high demand. Got to play to play.

#28     May 3, 2003
  9. interview as well as caught the new ball park right after it opened. I thought this city was the most overrated place ive ever seen in my life and wouldnt go back there.

#29     May 4, 2003
  10. I bet you enjoy riding urine saturated subway cars and paying $8 bucks a cab ride. Furthermore.......paying $30 bucks a drink at your local gentleman club is so attractive. Go by Mitchell Bros. next time you visit. Let not get talk about the weather...because that is no competitive analysis. Bling...

#30     May 4, 2003