Trading in mainland China

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Hamlet, Jul 1, 2005.

1. joesan,

Thanks again. Very informative from a citizen, rather than what I read officially.

Folks do you understand what a treat this is?

Michael B.

#21     Jul 24, 2005
  2. Hamlet

Hamlet

Hello and thanks for your responses. I was actually wondering if there were any outlets in China to trade US stocks. Is this available to chinese citizens?

Thanks.

#22     Jul 24, 2005
  3. Risk3

Risk3

I am not sure what you mean by "outlets", but Swifttrade has several branches throughout china.

#23     Jul 24, 2005
  4. Hamlet

Hamlet

Thanks for responding. I just checked their website and they don't list any offices in China. The closet ones were in India and Siberia. Do you have more info on this?

#24     Jul 24, 2005
  5. joesan

joesan

yeah, I do not know what do you mean by "outlet ", is it a wholly-owned international connection bandwidth, or a VPN or DDN line ?

At least VPN or DDN line is available here, but at a much higher rate, not comparable with above-mentioned 512k bband connection (USD15 per month for unlimited usage.)

#25     Jul 24, 2005
  6. Risk3

Risk3

See attachment. Let me know if you need specifics.

#26     Jul 24, 2005
  7. ptunic

ptunic

joesan,

Very interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing!

It is difficult to predict the future (even for us traders sometimes :)), but in your opinion do you think over the next 20 years how likely is it that the Chinese government will reverse or slow down economic reforms? Or do you think it is more likely they will keep the same plan-- gradually making reforms?

-Taric

#27     Jul 24, 2005
  8. i think that swifttrade will be having offices there

#28     Jul 25, 2005
  9. hi joesan, thanks for your observations...

what main futures products do you trade:

a) within mainland China?
    b) outside mainland China?

What particular Chinese futures are the best, with the most profit potential, or the worst, and why?

How do you find they trade within and outside your country? Do you find there is more opportunity within the Chinese markets because of more inefficiency due to futures being a more recent innovation?

#29     Jul 25, 2005
  10. joesan

joesan

ptunic

Personally I think unless forced to do so by outside forces, Chinese government will not reverse or slow down economic reforms . And yes, as the momentum of our economic entity has been much bigger than before, it is better to act more cautiously than before. Such as the recent 2% RMB revaluation, maybe not enough. But absolutely an advisable movement by the CHinese government.

MichaelJ

I traded a portfolio of all available Chinese commodity futures on a trendfollowing basis, and now trade HSI index futures with both swing trade and daytrade modes. Yes, the Chinese futures market is more profitable ,as there is more inefficiency and most people trade on discretionary basis. A simple mechanical system such as the original turtles' system will easily yield over 200% profit in the last two years of bull market in the commodity market.

The most profitable commodities will be natural rubber, soy meal, and copper. very large movement both during the day and over a longer period.

#30     Jul 25, 2005