Trading in Israel

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bouncy, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Bowgett

Bowgett

I traded from Israel. It is toooo hot :)

#11     Mar 18, 2008
  2. bouncy

bouncy

How would I go about finding out about getting expensive better internet, like the $200 - $1000 pro grade ATM thing you mentioned?

thanks a lot

#12     Mar 18, 2008
  3. on the money

on the money Guest

You have to contact the Internet companies. If you don't speak Hebrew, better to have someone who does handle it for you.
    If you want direct assistance from someone I know at one of the companies send me your contact details.

#13     Mar 18, 2008
  4. on the money

on the money Guest

You have to be careful of Arabs like this guy WAEL012000. He is a violent Jew hater and is representative of the stupidity of the Arabs as a people and their "backwardsness".

#14     Mar 18, 2008
  5. First of all, it is not the only democracy in the region. Kuwait is a democracy.

Second of all, when it comes to standard of living, Qatar is higher. And also UAE.

#15     Mar 18, 2008

6. Yes actually I have, I didnt care for it. So sue me

#16     Mar 18, 2008
  7. I trade in Israel (Futures and FX) via Currenex and CTS-SR, and there is no issue what so ever.
    I have a great tent and as long as i feed my camels on time they pull the wheel that drives my internet electricity fine.
    They only problem is that every once in a while my wife's make a lot of noise and I have to slep them around to quiet them.
    If you are looking for a great place with great weather and nice people that most speak English and every once in a while blows up then Israel is the place for you…

If you are looking for a great place where everyone speaks English and you have a much better chance of getting shot…. Go trade at the south side of Chicago

#17     Mar 18, 2008
  8. OMG….. I WAS joking

#18     Mar 18, 2008
  9. mrmoose

mrmoose

I have a friend who trades in beitar no different in terms of speed then trading remote in the us

#19     Mar 18, 2008
  10. yrbium

yrbium

This thread has suddenly become very relevant to me.

I moved to Israel recently. It was a chance to work in high tech and trade the markets, which open at 4:30 p.m local time.

I expected no problems with Internet trading connections, but have been unpleasantly surprised.

I signed up with the cable provider ("Hot") and one of the large, well known ISP's. I have a mainstream high speed connection, at 5 Mbps. Regular Internet browsing is no problem.

I use Ensign charts with DTN IQFeed data. The problem is that the charts don't refresh, or only do so very intermittently. I initially assumed that the problem was with the Ensign software, because they have had a lot of recent upgrades. However, after spending a long time with Ensign tech support, they concluded (apparently correctly) that the ISP was blocking the data coming from the server.

On a related but non-trading matter, my Vonage VOIP phone also doesn't work. Again, Vonage tech support concluded that the problem was the ISP not recognizing their server.

At first I thought it might just be my ISP, so I installed Ensign and IQFeed on another computer that uses DSL (Bezeq) and a different ISP, and that does have a Vonage phone working. However - Ensign still didn't work. So it appears that the problem is broader, and relates to the way Internet connections are done in Israel.

My ISP tech support seems to be helpful and claims to be working on it. They say that they don't block anything, but also haven't denied that the problem is at their end. However it is apparently a big deal to get this resolved. They have had to get somebody from their "Backbone" Department and from the cable provider involved. I have been waiting a week now, and they say it will take a while longer.

Back in Canada none of this was any issue - data feeds and VOIP worked flawlessly on a standard cable connection. If anybody has a better technical understanding of what's going on I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

#20     Apr 6, 2008