Trading in Dubai

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Dogfish, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Hi tech my foot. Dubai is a third world country.
    They can't make a bicycle yet. Tall highrises
    aren't considered technology, and they are owned
    90% and made 100% by foreign companies

I have lived in Dubai for 26 years and my father for 50 years
    something, we own five wholesale outlet in Dubai, and several
    homes in UAE. FYI, i speak all the languages that spoken in
    Dubai which is Arabic, Iranian, Indian, English, and i dived into
    the culture more deep than any of you.

I want to make it simple for all of you:

-Dubai is not a party Place, or say a good place to live, cut
    your craps, dubai is a business place, same with hongkong,
    singapore,.....

-You can make a good living, if you come here with at least
    $1,000,000 Cash money, otherwise forget it.

-Dubai has freaking hot climate six month a year, clubing
    is really expensive and not fun, racism is among highest in
    the world, .......

-Remember this Middle eatern especialy Arabs never
    mix with you, even you speak arabic well, it's like Oil & water
    that never mix. It's multinational companies that are investing
    in Dubai these days, not indivituals like you.

Do your own research, don't count on what
    WAEL012000 tells you (he's a M.Eastern)
    and don't move there except you are coming from
    some fucked up countries.

#31     Feb 17, 2005
  2. Oh Nana;

I was born and raised in Qatar...Next door!

I know your type, we call you "Slouch" or "Selch" Ms. Haji Nazar Lari, Ms. Vall al Azeem Ana Qatari Ously!

You milked the country that welcomed dry and now you decided to bite the hand that fed you.

Tell me Nana, how did you end up in the US if it wasn't for the fact that your father litiraly slaved some subcontinent workers to death for him to make his fortune Ms. wholesalers.

In regard to the locals not mixing, nobody has to take my word for it, they could ask any of the hundreds of thousands of the expats and they will tell them who is telling the truth.

#32     Feb 17, 2005
  3. I didn't say UAE is a bad place for everyone and infact
    it was good for us.

I am saying it isn't westners cup of tea. Coming for a
    short visit to dubai is different than living here.

You have to understand westerners have different
    values and veiws from life, than the average midde
    eastern has.

I am sure that 5% of UAE expats are westerners only
    Does it tells you somthing?

90% UAE population consist majorly from Indian, Pakistanies
    Iranian, Arabs. Now Please don't tell me that i am wrong.

#33     Feb 17, 2005
  4. Ofcourse i am right. You will very very Rarly 0.01% see a
    UAE local hanging out with a westerners. Face the fact

#34     Feb 17, 2005
  5. Dogfish

Dogfish

Every westerner I know who's lived there more than 3 years adores it, same goes for Oman and Bahrain. It is very much our cup of tea. And you say Hong Kong is not a fun place to live. Are you some kind of hermit?

Oh and the tax break money more than covers the "very expensive clubbing"

#35     Feb 18, 2005
  6. I am a westerner. I am in Dubai quite a bit because of my day job. I can't go anywhere without trading on my lap top and so my issue is internet speed and I have found I can trade from Dubai on this basis.

If people on this thread say Dubai is a great place to live, then I suspect they are not of western origin. There is unbelievable heat much of the year, and I mean unbelievable. They have cheap gas and lots of cars, but the traffic jams will waste your time worse than any north american city. They have so called guest workers which by any other definition would be called slaves. The people are friendly, but there is always an agenda, and it often includes getting into your wallet. (Hey, that sounds like home). I have been on the safari's referred to on this thread, and they are kinda bush. You use a Toyota land cruiser and you have to leave one province, (Sharjah) and go to another in order to have a beer, etc etc.

Naturally there are a lot of things that relate to Muslim culture and traditions, which is natural and OK, but most westerners would not really feel at home in this environment. For a liberal Arab with money, this place is heaven. If you are a westerner and you like western women, I would suggest Montreal, London, Paris or New York.(Even my home town of San Diego has some pretty decent chicks, but in all my travels, and that alot, I gotta say those Montreal women, well, sigh, OK I'm a sucker for that French accent ...) Also, back to Dubai, the place is expensive to a Westerner. The place has good Indian restaurants. As for business, there a several free zones. All foreign companies are registered there so they dont have to have a local partner. The currency is as stable as the US dollar because it is pegged to the greenback.

PS
    I noticed some moron attacked Canada as part of this thread(?) I go there too as part of my job, and the place is heaven to a westerner, particularly if you have a liberal bent and like the four seasons. (Also check out the article in the Economist that says Canada has the best managed economy in the G7 and now has the lowest taxes in the G7. For eg. they have had a federal surplus -hello-since the mid 1990s and keep lowering taxes both federally and provincialy, their per capita federal debt is half that of the US, and gap is widening every day) Sorry for posting so often, I'll go back in my hole now. Trevor.

#36     Feb 18, 2005
  7. "Shortologist" has same opinion as me. Most foreigners
    that stay here for few years under contract, works for
    oil company, big projects are paid ($20K/month) much
    more than what they used to get in US.

They can afford things that you can't afford in Dubai.
    Btw consider Tax is good for your retirment, if you
    don't pay, you don't get any later.

#37     Feb 18, 2005
  8. The moron you are referring to moron works in Canada and pay Canadian taxes and endures the canadian weather...and I'm in montreal too,
    now, moron, Montreal is not all like the four seasons hotel if you know what I mean, I do agree with you however that the girls are fabulous and if you have the cash to spend on escrots 180$/pop , you'll be the happiest guy in the world.
    comme settle here then you'll hae the right to OPEN your big mouth and make hypothetical statements and quite reading the Economist, they thought too Irak had weapons of mass destrutions.
    and never compare the city you spent some business time in with the ity you live in ,I had some great time in frankfurt, berlin and paris before I settled there and Paris in the worst plae anyone would one settle in ...till he really lives in it
    horribly expensive housing, non-stop strikes, rampant racism., .....
    it's not the Paris you visit with your girlfriend one in a while.

#38     Feb 18, 2005
  9. I was expecting discussion of Dubai, which I have visited and for an Arab country it is the best, but I sure as hell would not want to live there.

As for Canada and the USA, I have lived in both. Canada is a fantastic country, low taxes, fabulous medical care, a super friendly people. When mr. shortogogist was talking about the four seasons, it was not the Four Seasons. Canadians say 'four seasons' when they mean the climate, and millions of people love the climate which can be damn cold, but also refreshing, and very pleasant in the fall and summer, but even dedicated Canadians head to Florida and Mexico when they want a break.

As for the Economist and their view on Canada's economy, they are right on. If this Oktiri guy dislikes Canada so much he should leave, just don't come to France please. Oh, and he can 'quite' reading the Economist if he wants to.

Back to Dubai, the ruler recently died, and his son took over. I think he is Harvard or Oxford educated. Things will get better, but compared to France, Canada, or the USA, well it would be a hell of shock to live there. Ex pats do it for the money, then get out. You don't hear of westerners hanging around for the long term. Russians, on the other hand seem to like it. You can pretty much buy citizenship, and they don't ask a lot of questions about where your money came from etc.

Regards

#39     Feb 18, 2005
  10. Daliddle / shortologist

Deux Quebecois / Canadiens...
    Dalliddle guy = petit gars de Shawinigan.....---->> pure Canadian cowardice.
    why don't you expose yourselves to the thread, that you're both Canadian.....you're not Jews in Nazi Germany ? are you ?
    you could have the mental courage to say that you're Canadian and you don't like people bashing Canada instead of posting filth and making it sound intelligent.
    But unfortunately,you're very much my idea of an "average" Canadian, very much cowards, AND BOTH outside your country....

Ah, Canadians !
    N.B :what you need shortologist, is a good proctologist ....

#40     Feb 18, 2005