Trading in Brazil?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by richie90, Nov 14, 2003.

1. BeeBrazil

BeeBrazil

You can go to this website to pose a question or run a search for what you need.

www.brazzil.com

But you have to seriously consider why you would want to be in that country???? Do you realize the crime, unemployment rate, lack of infrastructure,etc????

Part of the unemployment problem is due to the massive layoffs over the past 20 years in the textile and apparel industry. When you have bikini designers designing themselves out of business...

#21     Nov 14, 2003
  2. I haven't been to Rio in a while but I returned last month from a visit to Curitiba. This city is rapidly recoming a new business center and is located west of Sao Paulo. It is capital of the province in which Iguazu Falls is located.

Not a great place to stay longer term but I mention it because of how cheap it was there. I stayed at one of the best hotels in the city and my room rate was like $30 a night. You couldn't possibly spend $10 on a meal. Even at the Sao Paulo airport I had dinner for less than $5. It really can be cheap in Brazil. So $3k a month in Rio - not a problem!

#22     Nov 14, 2003
  3. You can only stay for six months total in a calandar year. Almost no exceptions.

Jay

#23     Nov 15, 2003
  4. okwon

okwon

Lived there for over a year. Actually, although it's against the rules, you can just overstay the six months by several months without much of a problem, most of the time they will not even fine you. If you really need to stay a long time, there are also other (not really legit) ways around these rules. Talk to some local travel agents when you get there.
    Otherwise, you can sign up for Portuguese classes at a language school and obtain a longer term student visa prior to going to Brazil.

#24     Nov 15, 2003
  5. Did you ever try to go back?

I have a friend that did the same thing as you. No problem at the time, but has been denied a visa now for three years running because he did this. I would never recommend over staying a visa (except in the Dominican Republic as they really don't care, just fine you a paltry sum).

Jay

#25     Nov 16, 2003
  6. With their economy so bad, you'd think Brazil would almost welcome overstaying on visas (since it means you're spending money most likely). But would it have been different for your friend if he would've just gotten the student visa for a language school that was suggested?

#26     Nov 16, 2003
  7. Why they don't have any pricing on their studio and flats?
    Are there any other similar sites?

#27     Nov 16, 2003
  8. Is it economy to use taxi always? what is the taxi fare like?

Can i find any place for rent with ready In-room DSL, so i
    don't need to apply for DSL from ISP (i don't want the hussle
    for going to netcafes)?

#28     Nov 16, 2003
  9. Could you apply for residency and how?

Btw i speak nither portughese nor spanish, will i
    have tough time there, or i will be cheated all the
    time? can i hire a person as translator and security?

#29     Nov 16, 2003
  10. Have any of you had a good experiance in brazil
    Night life as far as prices, location, joiner fees,
    and what kind of safty in the night club and discos
    and bringing th overnight guests to your room?

Have any of you been to THAILAND, and how you
    compare brazil nightlife with Thailand legendry N.L?

#30     Nov 16, 2003