Trading in all market conditions.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bad_Badness, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Day Trading Isn’t Fun When Stocks Like Amazon and Apple Don’t Only Go Up - Bloomberg

It is all part of "going around the block" 10x.

A friend started talking about how he was going to by XYZ once it hits some low on the chart. I told him to wait and see what the general market is doing FIRST, when it hits that price (some 20% lower)

IMO the ES and NQ will test the 200 MAs soon. Once that happens, see how it happens, and what the environment is. A bounce for sure, but that is only part of the technicals to watch. I think "rolling correction" is a good description of what is going on now.

Relentless likes this.
  2. A quick moonshot to near ATH or a new ATH wouldnt surprise me in the least due to the sheer strength of the long term uptrend that recently broke.

Regardless - we are headed lower. Make no qualms about it.

3. maxinger

maxinger

4. The crash is not yet over. The derivatives have not yet touched the ground. Wait a few weeks.

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Day trading is funner (it is a word) when stock indexes are going ...... down.

Trading against the crowd.

6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

What crash ? In a few weeks we hit traditional bullishness for sectors liked IT and Banks, especially in rising market years. Some stats show historically the chances of a rising market later this year are quite high. My guess is we close the year higher then current levels. Exact route impossible to know.

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Long energy has often been trading against the crowd. So many traders trying to short the trend and investor sentiment on the stocks has been quite low at times. Of course, as the money flows, it's become impossible for fund managers to totally ignore the reality of the trade. And who doesn't like stocks appreciating 200-2000% ?

October 2020 almost nobody was buying these stocks.

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

All anyone had to do is see the chart of EIA weekly report showing double top (albeit a small one) in July of last year and then steep drop-off (hard not to notice that) to know shorting crude was the wrong position to have.
    !EIA wkly.png

9. %%
    TZA makes money off bearish moves;
    but I'm not in that right now . Even though its close enough to 50dma to go either way.
    4th quarter tends to be bullish for SPY,QQQ+ related.
    TNA tends to underperform+ be wild also LOL , like today. Good points

10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The point however is that even when Oil / Nat Gas started to rise it took forever for Cdn energy stocks to gain any interest. Ignoring the general bounce on the Covid bottom most energy stocks were catching no buyers at all in October 2020 and were ridiculously cheap given their rebounding cash flows. The crowd and fund managers hated the stocks. Which created an oversized opportunity.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    #10     Oct 5, 2021