Trading Halted At Nyse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Jun 1, 2005.

1. I know its bad but always remember, years ago you would have to take the horse down to the exchange and trade all day. Now you do it in your underwear. Just put things in perspective.

The worse is yet to come.:D

#41     Jun 1, 2005
  2. Actually, I saw an interview with Roger Ailes (now the president of Fox news, but used to run CNBC). He said that CNBC loses money on their original programming (i.e. anything involving their "reporters" and pundits). The only way the network shows a profit is by running INFOMERCIALS!!!!

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that CNBC News is an oxymoron.

#42     Jun 1, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Time to upgrade and get rid of the Comadore 64's :D :D

#43     Jun 1, 2005
  4. this is gonna get real messy tomorrow morning...

#44     Jun 1, 2005
  5. lescor

lescor

Wow, I left 15 minutes early today with moc's in to exit 10 different positions. Just got back in to see this mess. Tomorrow's opening could rock!

#45     Jun 1, 2005
  6. I dunno how I'm gonna sleep tonight I have a feeling that Im gonna come in and get rocked for a few grand on a 500 share position.

#46     Jun 1, 2005
  7. Mess On Close
    Mauled On Close
    Missing On Close

Such are the black swan events that point out the hidden dangers of extreme leverage.

I'm sure no one here does that, but if you are a fund that uses some insane intraday leverage, this must be a disturbing evening.

Who knows, maybe a nice quiet opening so they can start the usual games from scratch.

#47     Jun 1, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

Can anyone that had access to MOC imbalances today and was paying attention tell me whether they saw mostly buy or sell imbalances go by?

nitro

#48     Jun 1, 2005
  9. go get laid.. all be better in the morn :cool:

#49     Jun 1, 2005
  10. You said this twice now. You don't really believe this do you? This would require a conspiracy involving hundreds (if not thousands), where everyone keeps their mouths shut. And all these rich people risk huge trouble, according to your idea, in order to find some way to profit from closing a few minutes early. This is nothing more than an example of the perils of having electronic markets (which is why Nazdaq has had worse things happen).

#50     Jun 2, 2005