Trading Halted At Nyse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Jun 1, 2005.

1. The NYSE will NOT reopen until the usual 9:30 A.M. Open tomorrow...

... some problem with the SIAC reconnecting with the trading frims...

Think they'll finish the remaining four minutes of today's Close prior to the Open?...

#31     Jun 1, 2005
  2. All market on close will not be honored. What happens if you were using your Day Trading Buying Power. There could be some serious margin call headaches.

#32     Jun 1, 2005
  3. Why the panic? Shouldnt you have prepared for this? Electronic failures do happen you know?

#33     Jun 1, 2005
  4. Messed up.

#34     Jun 1, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

This is really bad IMO.

Best Of Luck to all those involved.

nitro

#35     Jun 1, 2005
  6. CNBC is an embarrassment. The network is only profitable because that the relatively few people that watch during market hours have the demographics which are very desirable to advertisers. They were shameless and clueless market cheerleaders before the bubble burst. They worshipped at the feet of Dickie Grasso. The early closing of the NYSE is huge story for the few people who do watch them regularly, they need to get their act together and do some reporting on what the deal is. They need to get someone who is responsible for this glitch, put them on camera and ask some questions. I can't believer anyone who makes a living in the market could care about whatever smoke Kudlow or Kramer after him is blowing.

#36     Jun 1, 2005
  7. Looks like NYSE really sinking fast if this is the new trick that they are resorting to.

#37     Jun 1, 2005
  8. I posted earlier that I covered two short positions with market orders which were time stamped at 15:55:08 and 15:57:32 for the orders and executed within 5 seconds. I was wondering if there was anyone who tried to close a long position with a sell order after 15:55 and got it executed?

#38     Jun 1, 2005
  9. System just froze, there were no quotes whatsoever. Mayne you're using Ameritrade and getting filled within their own orders but not with direct access.

This even is just more reason to start leaving after 11:30am. I'm finding the afternoon more & more dangerous lately.

#39     Jun 1, 2005
  10. Mayne you're using Ameritrade and getting filled within their own orders but not with direct access.

As a matter of fact, I was using Ameritrade. The quotes were froze at 48 something. But all I could see was margin calls out the yazoo, so I put in market orders just hoping to dump my positions. Personally, I feel very lucky that I got out and that I have no positions heading into tommorrow, I have been actively trading since 1992, and I have never had an experience like that before.

#40     Jun 1, 2005