trading guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Free Thinker, Feb 26, 2004.

1. now this is good. if bounce fails we can go lower. if it continues we can go higher. lol

Jeff Cooper
    Follow the Bounce for a Tell on Market Direction
    If it's a short bounce, we may see distribution. If if continues, the S&P can head to a new high.

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't follow these people, but I'm going to assume that this isn't the extent of what he said. To be generous, I'm going to assume that he meant that since the index bounced here rather than drop all the way back to its base, as the Naz did, it demonstrated unexpected strength. Whether that strength can propel it to a new high or not remains to be seen, but the fact of its bouncing here is worthy of note.

3. LOL, Nice quote OddTrader. That one is a "keeper".

BTW, you amaze me, you must be a walking talking human Google search engine! :D

4. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=402071

:confused:

5. Oddtrader keeps track of all these quotes, by writing them down on his toilet paper roll...:)

Bad info in...bad info out...

6. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46491&perpage=6&pagenumber=11

7. C'mon, give the guy a break. He has to produce a column and sometimes there's not a heck of a lot new to say. Honestly, he's the only reason I subscribe to RM. I've found him useful over the years, if only to clarify my own thinking.

8. Hello Folks:

I read the last post and wanted to offer a comment. I happen to know Jeff Cooper. I like him. He's a good professional who knows how to trade, but he is not (in my humble opinion) a great writer. Those of you with a few years on your frame will understand when I say that this is common amongst people who can perform well but are less skilled at exposition (telling others how they "do it").

Regarding the characteristics of "gurus", first I thank you for leaving me out. I'm nobody's guru. Also I have to say that on the weekend, there seems to be an "outbreak" of idiocy, plain and simple. People who know me will tell you I am easy going, a person with patience, and yet I find myself using those words because of the stunning and enduring stupidity that people post on Saturday and Sunday. I hope to become a more evolved person in the future. I am working on it.

In summary, I discourage people from "adopting" gurus. Instead I suggest people take a professional viewpoint. Learn how to properly interview and qualify service vendors so that you can obtain competent help getting to your goals. Use common sense and basic intelligence. Those of you who can't find those qualities within yourselves, well I am sorry, but you are screwed.

Thanks and good luck to all of you
    Lefty

9. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2075&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

#10     Jun 13, 2005